Only 5 ingredients needed for this delicious and healthy Smoked Paprika Roasted Asparagus side dish recipe! It’s a great vegan option for springtime.
In previous years, my husband and I were the only ones in our family to get excited about the appearance of asparagus at the markets. The 15-year old finally joined Team Asparagus this year, which means we feel justified in serving it roasted, grilled and tucked inside of crustless quiches a few times each week even if the 12-year old isn’t on board yet.
Asparagus needs little more than a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to turn it into a fantastic side dish, but this smoked paprika roasted asparagus takes things one step further with a pinch of one of my favorite spices.
When choosing asparagus, look for spears that are firm rather than limp and have tightly closed tips. The thickness of the spears doesn’t indicate a difference in taste or freshness. Rather, it simply a reveals the maturity of the vegetable, with thicker stalks being more mature than thinner ones. Prepare them in the same manner, increasing the cooking time for thicker stalks.
While smoked paprika is a fantastic option for grilled or roasted asparagus, here are some of our other favorite flavor combinations:
- drizzled with a Dijon vinaigrette
- curry powder, salt and pepper
- cumin, chili powder and paprika
- lemon and fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the tough ends from the asparagus and place the asparagus on a baking sheet.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper until coated. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the asparagus until it is just tender, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the asparagus). Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!