Celebrate the arrival of spring and asparagus season with this easy crustless quiche recipe. Full of flavor and nutrients, but short on calories.
Three down, one to go. That’s the score of asparagus lovers to asparagus disdainers in our house. Up until last spring, it was a standoff at 2-2, but then my older son saw the light and started to ask for extra spears of the springtime vegetable at dinnertime. Fist pump! Now it’s just the younger one (T) that we have to bring over to the green side.
Since he’s a lover of all-things-curry, I might be able to sway him with my 5-Ingredient Asparagus with Curry Sauce. If that doesn’t do the trick, I call in the big guns…my favorite rice noodle recipe.
Whether or not this is the year that T embraces asparagus, the rest of the family is beyond excited to welcome the green veggie back to our lives for the next few months. The markets are starting to fill up with the thin, tender spears that are often available at the beginning of the season. Both the thin and thick spears are great for sautéing, grilling and roasting. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness.
This crustless quiche couldn’t be easier to put together. Lightly blanch the asparagus pieces, then combine them in a pie dish with the egg mixture and a little feta cheese. This would be fantastic for Easter brunch, but works beautifully as a make-ahead breakfast or simple dinner.
#EatSeasonal is the brainchild of my friend Becky of The Vintage Mixer , who has pulled together a group of bloggers to post seasonal recipes each month, using her produce guide as inspiration.
There’s a fantastic variety of recipes, some sweet and some savory, as you can see in the collage below, all inspired by produce that is fresh and seasonal in March. Be sure to click on the links to check out the recipes. For more seasonal recipe inspiration, follow the #EatSeasonal hashtag on Instagram.
Roasted Asparagus and Brussels Sprout Panzanella Salad from Floating Kitchen
Strawberry and Preserved Lemon Lassi from Simple Bites
Asparagus & Feta Cheese Crustless Quiche from Cookin’ Canuck
Roasted Vegetable Asiago Fettuccine Alfredo from Completely Delicious
Crispy Parmesan Asparagus Fries with Lemon Greek Yogurt Dip from Flavor the Moments
Baked Thai Beef Stuffed Artichokes from Climbing Grier Mountain
Watermelon Radish and Arugula Salad from Food for My Family
Pappadew Pepper Cauliflower Hummus from Kitchen Confidante
Lentil, Avocado, and Radish Salad from Letty’s Kitchen
Tuna Salad with Pickled Habeneros from Project Domestication
Kiwi Lime Sherbet from The Vintage Mixer
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage from FoodieCrush
Asparagus & Feta Cheese Crustless Quiche Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus pieces and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain into a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, water, thyme, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously to break up the cottage cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the asparagus throughout the egg mixture, then top with the feta cheese.
- Bake until the the egg is just set and a small, sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 6 wedges. Serve.