I can not tell a lie. I ate the entire bowl in five minutes flat. This is the kind of thing that happens when you make a pan of gloriously roasted mushrooms in the middle of the day when no one else is home.
Typically I would serve these as a side dish, or even an appetizer. Come to think of it, they would be fantastic in a salad or mixed into a pasta dish with some rotisserie chicken and Parmesan cheese. Now I’m hungry again.
When I first made these roasted mushrooms with rosemary, I mixed in the garlic at the beginning (as you see in the picture above). However, I found that the garlic was burned by the time the mushrooms had reached their tender, golden brown perfection. So, the next time I added the garlic partway through cooking. This still gives the garlic enough time to cook and lose its astringent raw flavor, but stops it from burning and turning bitter.
If you want to use fresh rosemary, by all means do so. Just make sure you increase the amount, as fresh herbs aren’t as strong as dried ones. In this case, I would use 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary.
Other healthy mushroom recipes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Baked Fish Marsala with Mushrooms
Cookin’ Canuck’s Roasted Portobello Mushroom with Cheese & Breadcrumbs
Foodness Gracious’ Healthy Kale and Portobello Mushroom Veggie Burger
Recipe Girl’s Spinach, Mushroom & Feta Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust
Healthy.Delicious.’s Turkey, Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna
Easy Roasted Mushrooms with Rosemary & Garlic Recipe
These easy roasted mushrooms are fantastic on their own, but would also make the perfect mix-in for salads or pasta dishes.
- 1 lb. crimini (Baby Bella) mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Depending on the size of the mushrooms, cut them. Cut large mushrooms into quarters, medium mushrooms in half and leave small mushrooms whole.
- In a bowl, toss the mushrooms with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the mushrooms for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine.
- Roast until the mushrooms are tender and starting to brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!