The perfect potluck salad! This easy rice salad recipe has all of the flavors of your favorite Greek salad and it comes together in just 15 minutes. 125 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
Greek Rice Salad Recipe with Lemon Vinaigrette
If we’re heading to a potluck barbecue, chances are that I’m toting along some sort of summer salad, like this easy Greek Rice Salad. I’m an equal opportunity salad lover and am constantly switching up my “Top 5” list between pasta salads (like my Primavera Pasta Salad or Chicken Pasta Salad), slaws (like my Asian Cucumber & Jicama Slaw or Healthy BLT Slaw), or green salads (like my Ultimate Summer Salad).
Recipes like this cold rice salad are the best for potlucks because all of the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time, then combined and tossed with the dressing just before heading out the door. Because there aren’t any greens, the salad doesn’t wilt from the dressing, making a hardier option when you’re traveling to your get-together. Have food, will travel.
Tips for making this rice salad recipe:
- I opt for a brown rice salad for the added boost of fiber. Cook the brown rice, then fluff and allow to cool. If you’re in a hurry, spread the rice on a large baking sheet so that it will cool quickly.
- The dressing follows a pretty standard formula for vinaigrettes. Whisk the lemon juice with a touch agave nectar, salt, pepper and oregano, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Alternatively, place all of the ingredients in a small mason jar. Tighten the lid and shake well to combine.
- Chop all of the ingredients – cucumber, tomatoes artichokes and parsley- then toss with the cooked rice, feta cheese and vinaigrette.
Other healthy potluck salad recipes:
Greek Rice Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- In a serving bowl, combine the rice, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olive, feta cheese and parsley.
- Stir in the dressing. Serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, agave nectar, oregano, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.