Need a healthy 20-minute meal tonight? This Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with Green Beans and Kale is packed with vegetables and nutrients.
Since I’ve made this ground turkey stir-fry for my family four times over the past month, refining it each time, and to rave reviews on the final attempt, I thought it was high time I shared it with you. I was so intent on perfecting this recipe because it comes together in 20 minutes and the ingredients are almost always stocked in our fridge, making it a great option for weeknight meal planning.
Stir-fries are something I’ve been making for years. In fact, it may have been the first meal I made when I moved away from home. As long as you don’t overcook the veggies and you can put together a decent sauce, stir-fries are pretty much foolproof.
Green beans and bell peppers are not mandatory – they just happened to be what I had on hand. Often I’ll turn to zucchini, broccoli or mushrooms, but feel free to use whatever vegetables appeal to you. Water chestnuts, onions, carrots and celeries are also good options.
Throwing some chopped kale, cabbage or spinach in the last minute of cooking is one of my favorite ways to add a dose of nutrients. The extra fiber makes this meal even more filling. I’ve been using Trader Joe’s bagged cruciferous vegetable mix (a mixture of kale, shaved Brussels sprouts and cabbage – awesome for quick slaws, too), but any of those vegetables alone would work well.
Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with Greens Beans & Kale
|Serving Size||1½ cups ||
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 254kcal Calories from fat 109|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This Ground Turkey Stir-Fry with Greens Beans and Kale is a healthy, delicious 20 minute meal! 243 calories and 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups chopped kale & cabbage mixture*
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly cook with cooking spray, then add the ground turkey. Cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat the canola oil and sesame oil in the skillet. Add the greens beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and cook for 1 additional minute. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cooked ground turkey, kale/cabbage and the sauce. Cook, stirring, until heated, about 1 minute. Serve.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, water, agave nectar (or honey) and hoisin sauce.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!