My kids are trying to nail me down on one particular question and I refuse to commit to an answer.
“Mum, what is your favorite summertime fruit?”
I try to answer…honestly I do. It has to be cherries…they’re so good right now. But what about all of the other berries…blueberries, raspberries, strawberries? I don’t want anyone to feel left out.
And don’t even get me started on the melons. What’s summertime without juicy watermelon or sweet cantaloupe?
Or peaches and nectarines.
And so I feel it is my berry-loving responsibility to use all fruits equally and without favoritism.
With my amorous feelings for summertime fruit on full-throttle, I could think of nothing else when I set out to make this quinoa salad. Quinoa, feta cheese, avocados (another summertime fruit!)…and blueberries! Yes, sweet little blueberry morsels to offset the tangy lime dressing and salty feta.
Quinoa, Blueberry & Avocado Salad Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook until all of the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Let it cool to room temperature.
- To the quinoa, add the blueberries, green onions, avocado and feta. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. Serve or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.