This roasted root vegetables recipe would be a hit at any meal. The vegetables are full of nutrients and as addictive as candy! 205 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
Rutabaga, beets…these are words that used to intimidate me because I had no idea what to do with those vegetables. Do I peel, not peel? Do I chop first, then roast, or the other way around? It was an existential vegetable crisis. But once I started roasting sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, I realized that it wasn’t that big of a leap to add in other, less common root vegetables.
And so I peeled. And roasted. In that order.
Once these came out of the oven, my husband and I gathered around the pan like two pigs at a trough. We ate with abandon, not able to resist the vegetables that are nature’s version of candy, making happy noises, unable to stop. It paints a pretty picture, I know. But let me warn you, you are likely to have the same reaction. It’s a good thing.
If you’re not a fan of one of the vegetables in this recipe, just leave it out or substitute with more of one of the other vegetables, or another root vegetable entirely (parsnips, turnips, celeriac…the list goes on). In other words, this side dish is customizable to the nth degree.
Other healthy side dish recipes:
Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe with Rosemary
- 1 1/4 pound red-skinned potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 pound rutabaga, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 pound sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 beets 1 pound total, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary divided
- Please head to The Pioneer Woman for the recipe instructions.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.