This is a kale salad recipe that you will not be able to stop eating. Sweet strawberries and creamy feta cheese add flavor in all the right ways. 187 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
It was inevitable. The slivered almonds were perfect for this kale salad recipe. I set them in the pan to toast and then turned to chop the kale and strawberries. And then came the smell that I’ve come to know so well.
Scorched nuts. It sounds like the punchline of a bad joke or the title of a low-budget movie. In my world, we’re on the sequel…times 50. I’m a slow learner.
And that is how we ended up with hazelnuts in this salad instead of almonds.
A very happy accident.
The rest is a breeze from there. Toss tender chopped kale in a bowl with fresh, sweet strawberries, creamy feta cheese and those perfectly (!) toasted hazelnuts, and finish it off with a quick citrus dressing.
Thanks to the kale and strawberries, this kale salad recipe is rich in vitamins A, B, C and K, and iron. It’s a powerhouse and could beat up an iceberg lettuce salad with both hands tied behind its back.
If you want to make this into a dinner salad, top it off with chopped cooked chicken or seared shrimp.
Other strawberry recipes:
Strawberry & Kale Salad with Feta Cheese
- 4-5 large kale leaves stems removed, leaves chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 ounces 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Place the kale in a colander and massage in warm running water until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, strawberries, feta cheese and hazelnuts. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, agave nectar (or honey), salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serve.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.