Thai Chicken Pizza is our family's favorite homemade pizza recipe. Peanut sauce, chicken and vegetables come together for an unforgettable meal!
Thai Chicken Pizza
I love marinara sauce and pepperoni as much as the next gal, but when you eat pizza every Friday night (self-imposed...I know), a little variety is necessary. One of my favourite pizzas at California Pizza Chicken (CPK to those who know it well) is the Thai Chicken Pizza. Yep...Asian flavours again...what's your point? I came up with my own version of this pizza, using a peanut sauce recipe that I usually toss with soba noodles or spaghetti. Of course, you could always buy a jar of peanut sauce from the grocery store, but where's the fun in that?
In a blender, combine ½ cup peanut butter, 2 tablespoon sesame oil, ⅓ cup soya sauce, 3 tablespoon rice wine or sherry, 1 tablespoon water, 1 ½ tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon canola oil, and 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar.
For tips on buying Asian ingredients, see the Spring Roll post.
Mince 3 cloves of garlic and grate 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger. A great tip for the ginger: If you don't use ginger very often, peel it with a knife or by scraping with a spoon (seriously, it works) and freeze the peeled pieces of ginger in a ziploc bag. When you need some ginger for a recipe, simply remove the ginger from the bag on grate it on a microplane. You'll get a feathery, light pile of ginger. Last time my friend was visiting, she peeled a big piece of ginger root for me. Now that's friendship!
Add the garlic and ginger to the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
Use leftover cooked chicken breast. Alternatively, cut up one skinless breast of chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cook in a skillet until almost cooked through. Remember, the chicken will cook further on the pizza, so you don't want to overdo it.
Cut 1 carrot into matchstick pieces and ½ red bell pepper into strips. Chop 1 green (spring) onion and ¼ cup cilantro. If you'd like, also chop 2 tablespoon peanuts.
Grate 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the store-bought or homemade dough into a circle and place on a cookie sheet or a pizza paddle. Spread about ¾ cup peanut sauce on the crust and then place the toppings over the sauce. Bake.
Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the store-bought or homemade dough into a circle and place on a cookie sheet or a pizza paddle.
- Spread about ¾ cup peanut sauce on the crust and then place the chicken, red bell pepper, carrots and cheese over the sauce. Reserve the remaining peanut sauce for another pizza or cold noodles.
- If using a pizza stone, place it in the 500 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven or slide the pizza from the paddle to the stone. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Slice the pizza into 8 pieces and garnish with the green onions, cilantro and peanuts.
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.