Serve up this Warm Antipasto Potato Salad recipe at your next barbecue or alongside a roast chicken for Sunday dinner. Thank you to The Little Potato Company for helping me share this recipe with you.
Sometimes my idea of an acceptable dinner doesn’t jive with everyone else’s. Me: Charcuterie board, lined with salami, prosciutto, cheese, olives and pickled veggies. Others: “Um, pretty sure this is called a snack.”
Luckily, my family is willing to play along with the charcuterie board idea on occasion. But when guests are coming over for dinner, I’ve accepted the fact that I might need to play hostess rather than college-kid-pulling-random-stuff-out-of-the-fridge. That being said, there is no rule that says I can’t incorporate all of my favorite charcuterie board ingredients into a fantastic antipasto potato salad.
Tomatoes, thinly sliced salami, diced provolone cheese, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and olives…yep, I went to town! Change up the meat (or leave it out altogether for a vegetarian version), add a variety of pickled vegetables or swap in your favorite cheese. The beauty of charcuterie boards is that they can be customized any way you desire.
That being said, there’s one thing you can’t change up or sacrifice in this antipasto potato salad.
You guessed it…the potatoes. By now, you guys have probably picked up that I’m a diehard fan of the Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company. Naturally sweet, packed with nutrients and the perfect size for popping in your mouth or cutting in half for bite-sized potato salad forkfuls.
With all of the flavors from the antipasto mix-ins, I opted for a very simple vinaigrette. Good extra virgin olive oil (don’t skimp when it’s in a dressing!), white wine vinegar, and a pinch of dried oregano and salt. If drizzled in when the potatoes are warm, the vinaigrette will soak into the potatoes, rather than just coating the exterior.
While fantastic served up at room temperature as a barbecue side dish, this antipasto potato salad is best served warm, which makes it a contender for Sunday dinner. Perfect alongside a roast chicken or roast beef!
Warm Antipasto Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 pound Little Potato Co. Creamer potatoes I used Blushing Belles
- 12 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke heart quarters each cut in half
- 2 ounces provolone cheese cut into small squares
- 1 ounce sliced salami cut into strips
- 1 roasted red pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Cut the Creamer potatoes in half and place in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water by an inch. Bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender, but not falling apart, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, cheese, salami, roasted red pepper, olives and parsley. Stir to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and oregano.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. All opinions are my own. This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!