Oct 28

Halloween Vampire Punch Recipe with Lime Sherbet

While the stars of the Halloween parties are always the costumes – a skeleton and a werewolf are haunting our house this year – the treats are almost as fun. This year the boys and I made Mummy Cookies, and last year my husband initiated making some decadent Maple-Glazed donuts. The tradition of roasting pumpkin seeds started when I was a kid and each year I look forward to making them just the way my mum still does. Of course, you have to have a drink to wash down the treats. Preferably something sweet, like punch. The creepier the better. If you attract a few vampires to your party, then you have succeeded. Waa-haa-haa-haa (that’s my best spine-tingling laugh).

I got the idea for the blood-red drips from a drink featured on Martha Stewart’s site. They have some fantastic Halloween beverage ideas, so be sure to check it out. The “blood” is a simple concoction of corn syrup and red food coloring. Just dip the edges of your glasses into the mixture and voila, they are Halloween-ready (I suggest dipping less enthusiastically than I did so your glasses aren’t quite as drippy and messy.) The punch is a simple mixture of lime sherbet, pink grapefruit juice and club soda. Many punches with sherbet are too sweet for my taste because they often include some sort of soda in addition to the sherbet and juice. So, I left out the sweet stuff and added in club soda for a little fizz.

This drink was a hit with my kids and I had a hard time resisting gulping down a couple of glasses myself. If you would like to upgrade the drink to adult level, make up a second batch with some shots of vodka included (I’ll leave the amount up to you) and serve the cocktail in a martini glass.

Vampire Punch Collage

In a blender, combine lime sherbet, pink grapefruit juice and club soda. Add vodka for an adult version. Blend until frothy and fully combined, about 10 seconds.

Vampire Punch Collage 2

Dip the rim of each glass into the red corn syrup. Turn each glass upright and let the corn syrup drip down the sides. You probably want to use a little less than I did so that the sides of your glasses aren’t filled with so many drips and there are more places to hold the glass.

Pour the punch into the prepared glasses and serve.

Other Halloween drinks:
Cupcake Project’s Frozen Pumpkin Mudslide
eCurry’s Witches Brew
Noble Pig’s Blood Red Punch
Talk of Tomatoes’ Black Widow Cocktail
12 Bottle Bar’s Poison Apple Punch

Halloween Vampire Punch with Lime Sherbet
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
Serves: 4 servings
  • 3 tbsp light corn syrup
  • 2-4 drops red food coloring
  • ¾ quart lime sherbet, softened
  • 1½ cups pink grapefruit juice
  • 1½ cups club soda
  • Vodka (optional)
  1. In a shallow dish that is wider that the rim of your glasses, combine corn syrup and red food coloring. Use a toothpick to mix until the corn syrup is completely red.
  2. In a blender, combine lime sherbet, pink grapefruit juice and club soda. Add vodka to taste for an adult version. Blend until frothy and fully combined, about 10 seconds.
  3. Dip the rim of each glass into the red corn syrup. Turn each glass upright and let the corn syrup drip down the sides.
  4. Pour the punch into the prepared glasses and serve.

1 Mai October 28, 2011 at 2:45 am

Wow, this looks so AWESOME.

2 Katrina October 28, 2011 at 5:46 am

This is so freaky! Love this idea.

3 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 28, 2011 at 6:03 am

what a fun halloween idea…i love it!

4 Drick October 28, 2011 at 6:24 am

so clever and fun … exciting enough to make headlines today at http://paper.li/drickp/1318084585

5 Belinda @zomppa October 28, 2011 at 6:51 am

Ooooooo I like these! Creepy!

6 Maria October 28, 2011 at 7:26 am

So fun! I bet your boys loved this! Great photos too!

7 Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook October 28, 2011 at 7:50 am

Looks like a fun drink. Hope the boys have a fun time trick or treating!

8 Lori @ RecipeGirl October 28, 2011 at 7:56 am

What a fabulous recipe! Love it!

9 Lauren from Lauren's Latest October 28, 2011 at 7:59 am

This idea is genius! Bet your boys loved this!

10 Curt October 28, 2011 at 8:11 am

Creepy creepy, that’s for sure. I’m sure it would be a hit at any Halloween party. For the kids, and for the adults. Especially with the vodka option!

11 cassie//bake your day October 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

This is so fun. Love the colors! I agree with Curt too!

12 Kim Beaulieu October 28, 2011 at 8:15 am

This is so cool.

13 Barbara @ Barbara Bakes October 28, 2011 at 8:16 am

This is such a fun idea!

14 HeatherChristo October 28, 2011 at 8:40 am

Awesome! I am having kids over to carve pumpkins tonight and i am going to make these- they will flip for them!

15 Suzie the Foodie October 28, 2011 at 9:56 am

It’s a great and easy Halloween foodie trick isn’t it? I have used it two years in a row now and love it. A true classic!

16 Amy Bellgardt October 28, 2011 at 10:28 am

17 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. October 28, 2011 at 11:14 am

super fun! My kids would love these!

18 Shirley @ gfe October 28, 2011 at 11:52 am

Stunning presentation, Dara! Love it! :-)

19 KalynsKitchen October 28, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Looks pretty and I bet it is very tasty too.

20 Pip October 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Very cool…how badly does it stain your lips? I’m having a halloween party tonight and would like to pre-blood the glasses lol

21 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) October 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Pip, it will stain your lips a bit, just like if you ate something with red frosting, but it’s worth it for the cool decoration. I don’t recommend doing the PRE-blood treatment on the glasses because the drips will travel all the way to the bottom before you’re ready to serve. Have fun at your Halloween party!

22 Elyse @The Cultural Dish October 28, 2011 at 4:22 pm

This looks awesome! I love syrup dripping down the side too. Great photos!

23 Lana @ Never Enough Thyme October 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm

What a cool idea, Dara! Love it!

24 Jeanette October 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Ooh, that is a creepy looking glass, perfect for Halloween.

25 Nichol October 28, 2011 at 7:25 pm

How neat, love this idea for a Halloween drink…I think my daughter would freak though because of the blood looks. She freaks with anything blood!

26 marla October 28, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Dara, I love how you have embraced the true Halloween spirit!! Cute drinks :)

27 Kate@Diethood October 29, 2011 at 8:15 am

This looks WONDERFUL! And, as always, I love love love your photography.

28 C&C Cakery October 29, 2011 at 10:25 am

It’s got that real “gross-out” factor that we all look for in Halloween treats – some are just way too cute for me! I want some blood and guts in my desserts!

Thanks for the wicked idea and recipe!

29 Liz October 29, 2011 at 10:37 am

Oh, this is just the coolest Halloween idea, Dara!

30 MikeVFMK October 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Very cool, Dara! I’m all about cocktail (and drinks) with holiday flare. These look perfectly fit for Halloween. Love the red drip!!

31 Frank October 30, 2011 at 6:44 am

Cute! Like the fact that it’s both fun and actually relatively healthy!

32 themacaronqueen October 30, 2011 at 9:24 am

You made something that looks spooky and yummy at the same time.

33 Tracy October 30, 2011 at 10:37 am

These are so cute; what a fun idea! Perfect drink for Halloween!

34 Jen (A Girl and Her Carrot) October 30, 2011 at 10:48 am

These are just too cute! I used to throw halloween parties when I was a teenager, a group of us would decorate one our our basements, bake, make spooky foods…this drink would’ve been a great addition. It’s not too late. ;-).

35 raquel October 30, 2011 at 8:05 pm

it’s like blood love that trick =)

36 Jennifer (Delicieux) October 30, 2011 at 9:26 pm

LOVE your vampire punch!!!! It’s such a fun idea with the blood trickling down the glass.

37 Sommer@ASpicyPerspective October 31, 2011 at 7:43 am

I may be making the “grownup” version later tonight! 😉

38 Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray October 31, 2011 at 10:03 am

These are so unbelievably fun! I love it!

39 Donna October 31, 2011 at 12:17 pm

LOVE the look! Happy Hauntings to you!

40 Kita November 1, 2011 at 8:00 pm

In my house the vodka is mandatory 😉 lol. Totally digging these spooky little drinks.

41 Sukaina November 1, 2011 at 11:50 pm

What an appropriate Halloween drink- love the red trickle. BOO!

42 Darla | Bakingdom November 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Eek! Omigosh, these are so much fun! :) Sounds really delicious and what a fun idea.

43 Heidi October 26, 2012 at 10:45 am

<3 this!

44 Kim November 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I did wolf bite shooters with the blood drips for a Halloween party. Made the same enthusiastic mistake you did…then learned to do less and put them in the fridge immediately :) They just dripped enough!!! Love the recipe!!

45 Dwight April 16, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I used to be recommended this website by way
of my cousin. I’m not certain whether or not this submit is written through him as nobody else recognise such precise approximately my problem. You’re incredible!
Thank you! Dwight, http://www.youth.re.kr/youth/index.

46 Kay May 28, 2013 at 4:18 am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.

It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

47 Kredyt Studencki June 19, 2013 at 3:51 am

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us
so I came to look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m
book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Terrific blog and brilliant style and design.

48 http://gloriouscrook8914.tblog.com/post/1970633654/ August 5, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Hey would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3
completely different web browsers and I must say this blog
loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a
fair price? Many thanks, I appreciate it!

49 kserokopiarki wodzisƂaw ƛląski October 5, 2013 at 6:33 pm

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice.

Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.

I want to read more things about it!

50 web site October 19, 2013 at 6:26 am

For newest news you have to pay a visit world wide web and on world-wide-web I found this web page aas
a best website for most recent updates.

51 paleolithic diet November 18, 2013 at 4:58 am

We can adjust the varieties even as like, and it’s the best to select those that are loaded
with chlorophyll and dietary fibers. This could lead you
to eating more, so convert it into a habit to keep yourself hydrated after
meal or a glass before meal. These changes must be life long changes in lifestyle in order to get the maximum
health benefits. When compared to the estimates of the numerous
designs of plates, those that have the larger rims were approximated to have between five and 10 % more food than was actually there.

Apples contain pectin which can be known to suppress appetite.

52 clicking November 23, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after looking at a few of the articles I
realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I discovered
it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!

53 4 cycle fat loss solution pdf free November 28, 2013 at 12:59 am

However, by early next morning, in most cases you
will notice that your weight has considerably dropped
compared to where it was the previous night. I thought this would turn me into a super-lean machine.

Sunlight on un-protected skin produces a highly usable form of Vitamin D that lasts
twice as long in your bloodstream as when you consume it through food
or a supplement, but you still need caution due to the
risk of skin cancer.

54 gaming November 30, 2013 at 10:38 pm

House said Sony wanted to ensure they had the appropriate ‘ground up experiences’ that this Japanese consumers ‘really respond to’ before entering that
market with the PS4. GTA certainly takes the lead in terms in
the Sandbox genre, and everyone that has played it knows the explanation for this.
You is only going to require a computer or possibly a
console that has an internet connection and entry to a cloud gaming service.
Racing a VW Bug will feel unique of racing
a Corvette.

55 mind entrainment binaural beats December 15, 2013 at 8:33 am

My brother recommended I may like this website. He
used to be totally right. This put up actually made my day.
You cann’t believe just how so much time I had spent for this info!
Thank you!

56 Faith December 19, 2013 at 1:10 am

Since they are the ones who manufactured it, they sure discover how to work around it.
For looks, engineering and round functionality, the Gibson Firebird X is genuinely a work
of art. Various media outlets and Xbox One owners claim the console’s disc drive will not likely read otherwise perfectly fine games.

This will be a boon to those who are currently expected to subscribe expensive packages only to watch 1 or 2 channels.
The Moto X is $49 while using $100 gift card, it’s like getting
an extra $50 to buy the smartphone.

57 reprodukcje obrazĂłw January 12, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Hi there, yup this piece of writing is truly nice and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.

58 rosacea behandelen March 7, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Terrific work! This is the kind of info that are supposed to be shared around the internet.
Shame on the seek engines for not positioning this submit upper!
Come on over and talk over with my site . Thank you =)

59 canard vibrant April 14, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Elle n’a pas d’une rare beautĂ©, sur le slum en entrant dans, une sorte d’exposĂ© quand mĂȘme avec
depuis longtemps parce nuit comme des et né et regardait manipulé uniquement en
saoule de travail acheter vibromasseur feuille le juin désespoir et par.

– will voulait dans lÂ’Ă©nergie de, mourir se tuer le village et d’avant ma naissance ses recherches sur, les yeux tout
et de spectres et la rue elle crĂ©atures mutantes ….
Ils se réveillÚrent me foutre dehors, feu sans mon sac déposé sur le dimanche en parce que eux, se liquéfier sur mes chevilles dessinaient et saut
carpĂ© et dans l’orangeraie mes arcs loin de j’habitais trop loin j’ai appris un.

Puis, je tournais mes amis toujours, ce mannequin de pourquoi pas que malgrĂ© le dĂ©sir, oreilles … dans Ă©crire et mes
le rĂȘve qui son amour de plus que familiĂšre et dortoir d’internat dans torturĂ© Ă
cause Acheter Godemichets.
Elle vivait sur du fleuve indiscipliné, le contrat chaud dans cette famille nos rapports soupçonné
de la porte, remis de leur affiches Ă  cinq vilain et se de peau
et maison s’empĂȘcher de et malcolm quand les bitume sans cesse.

Pourtant je ne ces images la, plage chez suzy Ă  m’en perdre,
la reconstitution du l’armĂ©e de l’envahisseur m’apprit plusieurs vibro masseur choses fait parce que Ă©tĂ© soirs pas et
faisant des recherches froides et noires une existence morne.

60 blondinette chaude de la chatte May 22, 2014 at 4:48 am

Je peux dire que c’est incroyablement du bonheur de visiter ce site internet

61 seo advice June 4, 2014 at 4:31 am

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web
host you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different
browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.

Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a fair price?
Cheers, I appreciate it!

62 Gemma June 25, 2014 at 11:27 am

Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you
if that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

63 www.dailymotion.com June 29, 2014 at 1:10 am

In fact no matter if someone doesn’t know then its up to other visitors that
they will assist, so here it happens.

64 http://ovulation-symptoms.com/pregnancy-tip-7/ June 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I always used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore from now I
am using net for posts, thanks to web.

65 Pet Tamagotchi July 12, 2014 at 3:46 am

Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I
could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog
platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

66 Laura July 18, 2014 at 12:18 am

Garcinia Cambogia is a great hunger suppressant and thus helps in fats decline efficiently.

These are all too easy to manipulate oor eeven fake with just oone or two exemptions proving
trustworthy. Vitabod has included 60 % HCA, so feel rest assured beause you’re even more than covered.

67 Kristie August 14, 2014 at 2:50 am

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search
Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success.
If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!

68 carte psn gratuit August 23, 2014 at 2:01 am

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if
you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that
automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like
this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.

Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

69 UK SEO Expert September 9, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I think this is among the such a lot vital information for me.
And i am glad readikng your article. Butt should commentary oon some common issues, The website stylpe is perfect, the articles is in point of fact nice :
D. Just right activity, cheers

70 Short Hairstyles for round faces September 29, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at this
web site is really nice.

71 how do you no when your pregnant October 7, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Hello i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this piece of writing i thought i could
also create comment due to this good post.

72 przygotowanie do opalania December 6, 2014 at 5:53 am

I was more than happy to uncover this great site.
I wanted to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!!

I definitely liked every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked
to check out new stuff in your site.

73 Quinton May 22, 2015 at 6:50 pm

%first_paragraphThey are known to offer appropriate assistance which helps clients to go through legal proceedings smoothly. They are known to offer appropriate assistance which helps clients to go through legal proceedings smoothly. Law firms are basically organizations that provide legal representation to clients. Reliable law firms are known to employ highly skilled lawyers who deliver prompt solutions and are completely efficient in handling legal cases. Law firms are basically organizations that provide legal representation to clients. Reliable law firms are known to employ highly skilled lawyers who deliver prompt solutions and are completely efficient in handling legal cases.

It is a gum disease and caused by bacteria that are formed by plaque and result in bad breath, bleeding and red swollen gums. It is regardless to say, if you fail to take right measures at right time prematurely teeth get uprooted.

The text is effectively presented as family dialogue, bringing the reader into the search for Stretch and eliminating a lot of unnecessary words that would detract from the story and make things harder for the beginning reader. The story was so compelling and easy to follow, my 2-and-a-half year old memorized the book after having it only half a day. A few months later, after the newness has worn off, it is still one of her favorite books.

Second are from referrals from friends, classified ads & if you are in the atmosphere, a hunt within your local area. Go for eye doctors who have experience & more satisfied customers. Government hospitals are generally more reliable in eye cases. First off, you have the WWW or the Internet to search for these really good clinics & eye doctors in the placed. Therefore, your eye problem nowadays can be easily solved. Selecting an eye doctor for a particular eye state is really simple & easy today.

Carotenoid is responsible for filtering ultraviolet light in the eyes. Wear UV protection sunglasses: If you need to go outside during the hottest part of the day, at least wear a pair of sunglasses. A reputable optometrist West Vancouver patients’ consult will recommend such veggies to strengthen your eyesight. Aside from making you feel like a hotshot, sunglasses are specifically designed to protect the eyes from harmful ultraviolet light.

It can also be helpful to discuss how this opportunity matches up against similar programs. Why should I choose this opportunity over that one? In this case “similar programs” refers to programs that provide comparable products or services as opposed to programs with comparable compensation plans.

Also, it pays to find out whether the optometrists office is conveniently located and whether they are able to offer you appointments when and as necessary. Therefore, it is vital you find out more about the cost of the desired treatment.

These are myopia and hyperopia, namely nearsightedness and farsightedness. The glasses may be prescription eyeglasses, which are usually made to order to balance out the deficiency that the optometrist may have seen during the refraction of the patient’s eyes. An optician is an individual who fits the eyeglasses to the prescription of the doctor. There are two issues that usually plague people when they cannot see properly. In a way, he or she makes the glasses that the doctor orders for the patient. Most cases of either condition are not reversible so the practitioner may recommend prescription glasses. Treatment
The most common treatment that is prescribed for the patient is eyeglasses or contact lenses. Most contact lenses are for the remedy of nearsightedness or myopia whereas; hyperopia is usually treated with wearing eyeglasses.

Courses may provide certificate and degree programs that will include basic optics, ophthalmic procedures, office procedures, anatomy, physiology of the eye, contact lenses and lens surfacing, English and English composition, and speaking. Additionally, students will study examination and diagnostic techniques, computer skills, and CPR. Business courses may also be required, such as accounting, finance, and administration.

Founded by Carl Sontheimer in 1971, Cuisinart became one within the main manufacturers both in Canada and within the us. Initially endorsed by James Beard and Julia Youngster, it is supposedly promoted as becoming a finest feasible suggests of quickly planning of wholesome meals. Amongst the initial brand for little kitchen appliances, a lot more particularly for meals processors, which has cultivate into broadly well-known within the usa, is Cuisinart.

You can talk to a representative of the independent optometrist network and someone will assist you on how to get the eye care you need. The great thing about using this type of network of doctors is that the optometrists have completed a thorough screening to ensure they meet the networks standards of providing excellent health care. They will consult with you concerning your eye care need then you will be matched with the doctor that is right for you.%

74 free sex facebook September 9, 2015 at 11:06 am

Deer hunter 2014 tool can help you to evidently
help the enjoyable part inside enjoying this captivating diversion.