If you think you don’t like cauliflower, I beg you to give it another chance with this puttanesca cauliflower recipe. Believe me, I know what you’re thinking. “Ugh, not another mushy, flavorless cauliflower recipe.” The same thought used to turn me away from this Vitamin C and Vitamin K-packed vegetable. (Vitamin K makes cauliflower strong in anti-inflammatory properties.)
Puttanesca is one of my all-time favorite pasta sauces, mostly thanks to my love of all-things salty. Kalamata olives and capers simmered in a tomato sauce. What’s not to love?!
I pulled out my very handy Everyday Pan (seriously, I you don’t have one of these, you need to buy one…stat!) and set to work. The sauce comes together in a matter of minutes. Sauté some garlic with oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, then add the diced tomatoes, olives and capers.
After a few minutes, toss in the cauliflower, cover and let the cauliflower steam and simmer until tender.
It’s cauliflower all dressed up! You’ll be hooked, lined and sunk with this puttanesca cauliflower recipe.
Find these ingredients and tools on Amazon:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted & quartered kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 ¾ lb. cauliflower, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Avoid burning the garlic.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, kalamata olives and capers. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, stirring to coat and cover. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper if necessary and serve.
Other healthy cauliflower recipes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Grated Cauliflower Salad with Peppers, Carrots & Capers
Cookin’ Canuck’s Southwestern Roasted Cauliflower with Cumin & Paprika
The Law Student’s Wife’s Roasted Cauliflower Bruschetta
Simple Healthy Kitchen’s Creamy Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup (no cream)
Cooks with Cocktails’ Zoodles with Cauliflower Rose Sauce and Farmer Sausage
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!