When you're looking for an easy appetizer or snack, this 3-Ingredient Pesto Dip does the trick! Perfect for dipping veggies, sweet potato fries, crackers or pita chips.
This 3-ingredient pesto dip is what we all need during the busy holiday season. Or as a healthy option on a “pizza and wings” Superbowl game day. If you serve it with baked zucchini fries, you’ll blow everyone’s minds!
It’s embarrassingly easy to make. All you need is plain Greek yogurt, pesto and a little salt. And any kind of dippers you like. Raw veggies, your favorite crackers, pita chips and bagel chips are our favorites.
We regularly keep a container of basil pesto in our fridge, and use it to spread on sandwiches or naan pizza, toss with whole pasta and veggies, or mix with chicken in a stuffed spaghetti squash recipe. In this easy yogurt dip, use your favorite pesto, whether that's store-bought or homemade version.
💙 What’s to love about pesto dip:
▪️ EASY! Did I mention it requires only 3 ingredients. Yogurt, pesto, salt. Done!
▪️ VERSATILE: Use it as a dip, spread it on sandwiches or thin it with milk and use it as a healthy salad dressing.
▪️ HEALTHY: This dip is made with nonfat Greek yogurt and pesto (made with heart healthy olive oil), which keeps the calorie count and saturated fat grams low.
What you need for this Greek yogurt dip:
A simple ingredients list!
- YOGURT: Use your favorite plain nonfat Greek yogurt. If dairy-free or vegan is preferred, look for vegan yogurt at any well-stocked grocery store or health food store.
- PESTO: Use your favorite pesto, either store-bought or homemade. I used the Kirkland brand basil pesto found at Costco. For a vegan and dairy-free dip, look for pesto made without cheese. Trader Joe’s carries a good vegan pesto. To switch up the flavor, try a different type of pesto, such as artichoke, roasted red pepper or cilantro.
- SALT: A sprinkle of kosher salt.
- DIPPERS: The sky’s the limit. Try multigrain crackers, raw vegetables, pita chips and bagel chips.
KEEP IN TOUCH
and receive recipes straight to your inbox!
How to make pesto dip:
This dip is far from rocket science! Which is one of the many reasons I love it – especially when I’m running short on time.
Stir together the yogurt, pesto and salt until combined.
Seriously, that’s it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, with two ingredients substitutions.
For the yogurt, look for vegan, dairy-free yogurt. There are many options available, made with non-dairy milks, such as coconut, soy and almond. Kite Hill Greek-style plain unsweetened yogurt is a good option.
For the pesto, either make your own without added cheese or look for a store-bought pesto. Health food stores and Trader Joe’s sell dairy-free pestos.
Yes! Transfer the dip to an airtight container. Refrigerate for 4 to 5 days.
Yes, as long as the pesto used is gluten-free. Most store-bought pesto is gluten-free, but I recommend checking the label to be sure.
3-Ingredient Pesto Dip
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons basil pesto
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, pesto and salt.
- Serve with raw vegetables, crackers and/or pita chips.
This post was originally published on January 29, 2018. Updated on December 8, 2022.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.