This Baked Greek Shrimp with artichokes is fantastic served over rice, pasta or quinoa! A quick and easy dinner recipe.
This is a recipe that I’ve been making for years and now I’m wondering what took me so long to post it here. Ninety-five percent of the time, the ingredients are sitting in my freezer and pantry, ready to be put into action. The hardest thing about this Baked Greek Shrimp recipe is deciding whether I should serve it over rice, pasta or quinoa. As there are often ziplocs of cooked quinoa in the freezer, that option usually wins out, but any of them would work!
Besides being quick and virtually foolproof, one of the greatest things about this recipes is that it can be tailored to your family’s taste buds. For example, if artichokes aren’t popular at your dinner table, swap them with peppers or zucchini, or simply leave them out and include an extra quarter pound of shrimp.
Half of the cooking is done on the stovetop and the other half in the oven. The herbs, onions and garlic are sautéed in some olive oil in a large nonstick skillet, then simmered with some canned tomatoes. Be sure to use a skillet that’s ovenproof, like this one, so that you can pop the whole thing in the oven without needing to pull out a baking dish. Less dishes equals a happy cook!
The final step is to stir in the shrimp, artichokes and parsley before sprinkling the feta cheese over top and baking. It shouldn’t take any more than 7 or 8 minutes for the shrimp to cook. I know you want to avoid overcooked, rubbery shrimp as much as I do, so check them early if you’re shrimp are on the smaller side.
Baked Greek Shrimp Recipe with Artichokes
This Baked Greek Shrimp with artichokes is fantastic served over rice, pasta or quinoa! A quick and easy dinner recipe. 204 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 (14 oz. each) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup canned (in water) quartered artichoke hearts
- 3/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 c minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the petite diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke quarters, shrimp, parsley, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta cheese over top.
- Bake until the shrimp is just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or pasta.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!