These Baked Zucchini Hummus Bites are fantastic for healthy snacking or appetizers! Only 39 calories for two of these vegetarian and gluten free bites.
You know those times when you’re standing in front of the fridge, door open, staring into the abyss while trying to figure out what the heck sounds good enough to curb your munchies without leading you down the path of no return. You know that path I mean, when you start by munching on a carrot stick, then somehow find yourself pouring Doritos crumbs straight into your mouth?
Did I just say that out loud?
Any one of these healthy snacks would normally do the trick, but I had a limited selection of choices in the fridge, so concocted these baked zucchini hummus bites out of my supply.
Honestly, you could top these bites with any variety of spreads and veggies. I happened to have roasted red pepper hummus in the fridge, so that’s what I used, along with some diced roasted red peppers (jarred in water or homemade), feta cheese and parsley. Kalamata olives or capers would be great, or a dollop of pesto on top of plain hummus. Make these bites vegan by foregoing the feta cheese or amp up the protein with diced salami or prosciutto. The sky’s the limit!
One trick for these baked zucchini hummus bites: Bake the zucchini until just tender. The last thing you want is soggy zucchini rounds!
Baked Zucchini Hummus Bites Recipe
|Serving Size||2 bites ||
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 17kcal Calories from fat 9|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
These Baked Zucchini Hummus Bites are fantastic for healthy snacking or appetizers! Vegetarian and gluten free. For 2 bites…39 calories and 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoint
- 1 lb. zucchini, cut into 24 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 roasted red pepper (not in oil), diced
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the zucchini rounds in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper until coated. Arrange the zucchini rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the zucchini is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 teaspoon hummus on each piece of zucchini. Evenly divide the roasted red pepper and feta cheese amongst the rounds. Garnish with the parsley. Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!