It is amazing how flavorful something so simple can be! These vegan and gluten free Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary Mushrooms and Onions are surefire proof of that. Thank you to The Little Potato Company for helping me share this recipe with you.
Once grilling season hits, it the focus is typically on the entrees. Burgers, steaks (or steak tacos!) and kabobs rule the day while the side dishes are relegated to the “afterthought” category. When you ask what you can bring to a barbecue potluck, the answer is often something like, “Oh, I don’t know. Just some sort of salad should be fine.”
It’s time to take back the day for the side dishes!
While I’m a sucker for a great summer salad or pasta salad, it seems a shame not to take advantage of the smoky flavors the grill can impart, especially if the grill is already fired up for the entree.
My original plan for this recipe was to cook the potatoes, mushrooms and onions in a makeshift foil package. Then I remembered that the Creamer potatoes for the Little Potato Company Oven/Grill varietals are packaged in a handy foil pan that’s big enough to fit all of the vegetables. Plus, no dirty dishes to clean because the foil package can be placed directly on the barbecue grate or in the oven.
Start by following the package direction – tossing the naturally sweet little potatoes with olive oil and the enclosed seasoning (reduced sodium and no artificial flavors) – then sprinkle half of a chopped red onion over top. While the potatoes and onions are getting toasty and tender on the grill, chop the mushrooms and toss them with olive oil, crushed rosemary and a pinch of salt. Stir them into the potato mixture and cook until the mushrooms are tender and the potatoes are starting to brown.
These barely made it to the table because my family started eating them directly out of the foil pan. Herby, caramelized, tender and downright delicious.
Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary Mushrooms & Onions
Grilled Potatoes with Rosemary Mushrooms and Onions…It is amazing how flavorful something so simple can be! 80 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the cardboard and plastic covering from the potato package. Add the onion pieces, 2 tablespoon of olive and the seasoning packet. Stir to coat.
- Place the foil package directly on the grill (or in the oven) and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushrooms, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, rosemary and salt. Stir the mushrooms into the potato and onion mixture. Cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored as part of an ambassadorship with The Little Potato Company. All opinions are my own. This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!