These vegetarian quesadillas are spectacularly delicious. Kale cooked with garlic, tender mushrooms and creamy goat cheese are a match made in heaven. 239 calories and 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
There are big changes just around the corner for our little family. After 17 years of living in Utah, we are packing up and heading towards a new adventure in Washington state. The move is bittersweet in so many ways. As excited as I am about being closer (much!) to my parents and long-time friends, and living close to the city that my heart never truly left (Vancouver, B.C.), it is heart-wrenching to leave the city and house where we've made such good friends, where we came to live after getting married and where our boys have grown up.
There are bound to be tears over the next few weeks - okay, there already has been a small river - as we pack our beloved home, say good-bye to friends, visit all of our old haunts and soak in one last look at the mountain view from our backyard. They will all remain in our hearts forever and we hope to come back for a visit from time to time.
And then we turn our sights to all that our new home, the Seattle area, has to offer. If you live in that area - Seattle, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville, Redmond - we'd love to hear about your favorite restaurants, running and hiking trails, and activities! Just leave a comment below with your favorites. (And thank you!)
And now, let's talk about these quesadillas. When my husband drove the UHaul with our first load of possessions to a storage unit in Seattle, I was diving straight into the mushrooms. He's not a mushroom lover, so I take advantage of his occasional trips out of town to indulge myself in any mushroom recipe I can dream up.
These quesadillas are a cinch to make, and spectacularly delicious. Fresh kale, wilted with some garlic, tender mushrooms with a pinch of thyme and creamy, melted goat cheese, all encased in a golden brown tortilla. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Serve up these vegetarian quesadillas as a light lunch or dinner, or cut into smaller pieces and serve as appetizers.
Watch how easy it is to make these Kale & Mushroom Vegetarian Quesadillas:
Kale, Mushroom & Goat Cheese Quesadillas Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme, kale and garlic. Cook until the kale is wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Place one tortilla in the skillet and top the goat cheese half with half of the kale mixture. Fold over the tortilla.
- Cook the until the quesadillas are golden brown and the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut in half and serve. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!