This healthy salmon recipe is finished off with an easy sherry glaze and is packed with omega-3s! 201 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
Can it be? Has it really been six weeks since Liz and I kicked off our second annual #HealthyNewYear 6-Week Challenge? Each week, we challenged you and the nearly 1000 members of the challenge Facebook group to make one healthy change in your lives. You inspired us and amazed us with your motivation, your successes and struggles, and your insightful questions and solutions that lead to healthy changes.
For those just tuning in, we focused on one topic each week: boost protein at breakfast, go ethnic at dinner, try a new lean protein, reduce sodium with lemon, healthy snacking (Super Bowl and other) and incorporate full fat foods into a healthy diet. Be sure to check out our posts on those topics to do your own personal challenge and to try the accompanying recipes. In the Facebook group, we also had four exercise challenges: increase cardio, add in strength training, work on stretching flexibility and set a long-term goal.
Thanks to each of you for joining us in this challenge. And a huge thank you to our sponsors for helping to make it all possible: Sabra, Stonyfield, Kroger, Milk Means More, Sunkist, and Gourmet Garden.
Our hope is that you’ll continue to challenge yourselves to make healthy changes in your lives. As both Liz and I have learned along the way, a healthy lifestyle is not made just in six weeks, but it’s a great way to kick start things! You’ll come upon bumps in the road, but making gradual changes is the best way to form healthy habits that stick.
Before we get to the giveaway, I want to leave you with a healthy salmon recipe that is easy enough for a weekday meal, but impressive enough for entertaining. The marinade and sauce is flavored with dry sherry and soy sauce, and cooks in less than 10 minutes under the broiler. Adding salmon into your diet is a great way to boost healthy fats – we can’t get enough of those omega-3s!
Be sure to check out Liz’s delicious looking recipe for Slow Cooker Shredded Pork Tacos with Pickled Onions!
Sherry Glazed Salmon Recipe
- In a bowl, whisk together the sherry, soy sauce, ginger, honey and rice vinegar until completely combined.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of the marinade to a separate bowl. Reserve for later.
- Place the salmon fillets in a large resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and massage the salmon to coat. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the rack 8 to 9 inches from the heat source. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Discard the marinade in the resealable bag.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler and cook until the salmon is just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Take care not to overcook it, or the fish will become dry and very dense.
- Transfer the salmon to plates.
- Heat the reserved marinade in the microwave for 10 seconds and drizzle over the salmon. Serve.
Disclosure: The fantastic giveaway items were provided by our amazing sponsors listed above. All opinions are my own.