This amazing Roasted Salmon with Avocados Salsa recipe comes together in just 15 minutes. Fantastic for entertaining or an easy weeknight meal. 345 calories and 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP. Thank you to California Avocados for helping me share this recipe with you.
It took me many years, but I finally learned one of the tricks of entertaining. Keep it simple! It only took me about a dozen dinner and cocktail parties to figure this out. You may be thinking, “Slow learner!” I prefer “culinarily ambitious”.
Rather than slaving over multiple hors d’oeuvres, a fancy entrée, side dishes up to my eyebrows and a dessert that requires being lit on fire (okay, I wasn’t actually that crazy), I now choose dishes that allow me to spend time with and actually enjoy my guests. What a concept, right?!
Now I either opt for dishes that can either be made partly or completely ahead of time, or ones that require fewer than 10 brain cells and less than 30 minutes. This roasted salmon recipe is ideal for easy entertaining, but the flavors will fool your guests into thinking that you’ve been slaving for hours.
One of the keys to pulling off simple recipes is choosing good quality ingredients. Serving a tomato mozzarella salad? With only a few ingredients, those better be sweet tomatoes and the creamiest mozzarella! Making avocado salsa to dollop over some spiced roasted salmon? Only the creamiest, most flavorful avocados will do.
If you’re a regular visitor here, you know that I’m a devotee of California Avocados and I become inappropriately gleeful (according to my embarrassed-about-everything-you-do teenaged son) about their arrival at the grocery stores, which starts right around now in early April. Avocado on my eggs, on my toast, in my salads, on my burgers, in my soups and in my salsa. And since they’re rich with healthy fats and vitamins, I don’t feel guilty about that in the least! If you love avocados as much as I do, be sure to check out my 15 Healthy Avocado Recipes.
The avocado salsa for this recipe can be made while the salmon is roasting. So, if you’re on your game, the entire dish can be ready in 15 minutes. Serve it up with a green salad or blanched greens beans and a simple quinoa salad.
Roasted Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 1 California avocado chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper seeds removed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Adjust the top rack to sit in the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Rub each salmon fillet with ¼ teaspoon olive oil and arrange on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt. Sprinkle evenly over the salmon.
- Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets). Do not overcook.
- Serve with the avocado salsa.
- While the salmon is cooking, stir together the avocado, lime juice, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno and salsa in a medium bowl.
Disclosure: This post is part of an ambassadorship with California Avocados. All opinions are my own. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.