Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/turkey-soup-recipe-soba/
© 2018 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Turkey Soup Recipe with Soba Noodles
Loading nutrition data...
Overrun with turkey or chicken leftovers? This turkey soup recipe is a little different from the norm. Soba noodles and veggies make this a powerhouse of nutrients and flavor! 166 calories and 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped, white/light green & dark green parts divided
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken (or turkey) broth
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 (4 oz) bundle soba noodles
- 8 oz. (3 cups) chopped cooked turkey (or chicken) breast
- 4 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- Heat the canola and sesame oils in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, white/light green parts of the green onion and the ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and rice vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the soba noodles. Return the mixture to a boil, turn the heat down slightly and cook until the noodles are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, stir in the turkey and heat until the meat is warm. Stir in the cabbage until the cabbage is wilted.
- Stir in the remaining green onions. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 3 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 3 (Points+)