Chili Lime Shrimp is a fantastic way to spice up the appetizer table at your next cocktail or holiday party! Dip them into the savory cilantro yogurt sauce.
What cocktail and holiday parties should be about – catching up with friends, getting in the holiday spirit and, well, cocktails. What they definitely shouldn’t be about – slaving away over trays and trays of appetizers while the party happens without you.
One of the keys to easy party prep is choosing appetizers that have some make-ahead components, whether that’s a sauce that can whisked together earlier in the day, like this cilantro yogurt sauce, or chopping that can be done hours ahead of the party, like for these adorable little savory bites.
These shrimp can be served either hot out of the pan or at room temperature, so there’s no need to panic if you can’t get them to the table as soon as they’re cooked. My family will tell you that they’re truly great either way. I snacked on the hot shrimp right when I made (and photographed) them around lunchtime and my family gobbled up the rest just before dinnertime, after the shrimp were refrigerated for a few hours.
It really doesn’t take much to impart flavor into sautéed shrimp. In the case of these chili lime shrimp, a sprinkle of chili powder, along with lime zest, garlic and salt, then a squeeze of lime juice at the end do the trick.
One tip for ensuring that the shrimp are plump and tender? Don’t overcook them! They truly only need a couple of minutes to cook when using a hot pan (my favorite: this nonstick Everyday Pan). Anything longer than that will turn the shrimp into rubbery little specimens. Say no to rubbery shrimp!
While these chili lime shrimp are fantastic on the appetizer table, they can also be served for dinner, piled on a serving of cilantro lime rice with some vegetables on the side.
Chili Lime Shrimp Recipe with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Chili Lime Shrimp with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce…Spice up the appetizer table at your next cocktail or holiday party with these plump, delicious shrimp! 87 calories and 1 Weight Freestyle SP
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled except for tails (about 32 shrimp)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, lime zest and salt. Toss to combine. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skilletover medium-high heat. Add the shrimp mixture and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 1 minute per side.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the shrimp and stir to coat.
- Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter. Serve with the yogurt sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, cilantro, milk, lime juice, garlic, honey and salt.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!