Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/crispy-baked-parmesan-crusted-chicken-tenders-recipe/
© 2014 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Crispy Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
It’s time to leave those fried chicken nuggets in the dust! This crispy and healthy baked chicken tenders recipe will be a hit with both kids and adults. 255 calories and 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. (about 8) chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet lined with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Place the whole wheat flour in a medium bowl. In a shallow container, whisk together the eggs, Dijon mustard and paprika. In a separate shallow container, combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Next, dip in the egg mixture until the chicken is coated. Last, roll the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, completely coating the outside.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to the prepared wire rack.
- Lightly coat the chicken tenders with cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is just cooked through and the breadcrumbs are starting to brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with Dijon or honey mustard.
Weight Watchers Points: 5 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 6 (Points+)