Up your lunch game with an Edamame Hummus Veggie Wrap. Packed with vegetables, goat cheese and mango, and drizzled with a simple hummus lemon dressing. 249 calories and 6 Weight Watchers SP
If fitting more vegetables into your day is a goal, this Edamame Hummus Veggie Wrap needs to find its way into your lunch routine! Packed with nutrient rich vegetables and protein, this tortilla wrap covers the bases for anyone who is focused on anti-inflammatory friendly foods.
Before rolling everything up into a tortilla, the veggies, mango and edamame are drizzled with one of my favorite dressings, which is a combination of hummus, lemon juice, a splash of hot sauce and a couple of other ingredients. Super simple and so darn tasty!
If entertaining, make a platter of roll-ups, including these veggie wraps and my Turkey Pesto Tortilla Roll Ups.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS EDAMAME HUMMUS VEGGIE WRAP RECIPE:
These are the main components need for this recipe (affiliate links included)…
- Tortillas: To keep calories and carbs lower, and fiber grams higher, I opt for whole wheat low carb tortillas. I use these ones, which are just 45 calories each.
- Greens: Spring mix, spinach, kale, chopped romaine lettuce - any and all will work.
- Cucumber: I prefer to use English cucumbers, which don't need to be peeled and seeded. Cut the half cucumber in half, then cut each half into 6 spears.
- Edamame: You can either buy edamame in the pods or ones that are already shelled. The measurement in the recipe refers to edamame OUT of the pods.
- Cheese: Standard soft goat cheese, otherwise known as chevre, is perfect for this recipe. For a vegan wrap, leave out the cheese.
- Carrots: I typically grate a peeled carrot on the large holes of a box grater, but shredded carrots can also be found in the produce section.
- Mango: Follow my instructions for How to Cut a Mango if you're unsure how to cut this oddly shaped fruit.
- Dressing: I used the dressing from my Roasted Vegetable & Chickpea Bowls for this. Hummus and lemon-based - and delicious!
Is this hummus veggie wrap sandwich vegan?
The goat cheese in these wraps is not vegan. However, everything else is in this wrap is completely plant based. For a vegan wrap, leave out the goat cheese or replace it with the vegan cheese of your choice.
How do I keep my tortilla wraps from falling apart?
Yes, it can be annoying if the tortilla starts to tear or your wrap persistently unrolls while you're eating it. Fear not - I have a couple of hints for you.
If the tortillas start to tear, they may not be at their freshest. Be sure to use soft, very fresh tortillas. If the tortillas need to be softened up a bit, lay them flat in the microwave, topped with a damp paper towel. 10 to 20 seconds on HIGH should do the trick.
To stop tortilla wrap from unrolling, wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap, parchment paper or wax paper. Pull down the paper/plastic wrap as you eat the wrap to keep everything tightly rolled.
Other easy, healthy lunch ideas:
Superfood Salad with Miso Dressing
Moroccan Carrot Soup with Chickpeas
Egg Salad Collard Green Wraps
Edamame Hummus Veggie Wrap Recipe
- 4 low carb whole wheat tortillas (I used Mission CarbBalance fajita tortillas)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ½ English cucumber cut into 12 spears
- ¾ cup edamame (not in pods)
- ¾ cup chopped mango
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese (chevre)
- 4 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 4 ½ tablespoons plain hummus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon hot sauce (I use Cholula)
- 1 ½ teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Down the center of each tortilla,arrange 1 cup mixed greens, 3 spear cucumber, 3 tablespoons edamame, 3tablespoons mango, 3 tablespoons grated carrots, 1 ounce goat cheese and 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Divide the dressing between the 4 wraps(about 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon each).
- Tuck in the ends of the wraps, then roll. Cut each in half, if desired. Serve.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hummus, lemon juice, hot sauce, water, agave nectar and salt.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love fast and easy veggie wrap recipes - this one is definitely on my lunch list!