Mix up a batch of this easy Greek Salad Dressing and stash it in the fridge to dress your salads throughout the week. 62 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
If you’ve had the good fortune to travel to Greece, you know that an easy Greek salad dressing, can take a bowl of cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and kalamata olives from good to great.
While I often serve this homemade dressing recipe in a traditional cucumber tomato salad, it’s also fantastic drizzled over a spinach or kale salad, or subbed into my Balsamic Grilled Vegetables recipe. And be sure to check back tomorrow because I have a spectacularly delicious salad, using this dressing, that you’re not going to want to miss!
It starts with a fruity high quality extra virgin olive oil, which is mixed with fresh lemon juice, oregano and a couple of other pantry ingredients. Because there are so few ingredients needed to make the dressing, quality matters. Just as you wouldn’t use flavorless tomatoes in the salad, be sure not to skimp on the dressing ingredients either.
Ingredients for Greek Salad Dressing:
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice, rather than bottled, is the way to go for any recipe. It takes mere seconds to cut open a lemon and squeeze out the juice. I use this handy dandy juicer (affiliate link), which squeezes out every last drop.
- Red wine vinegar: You can buy red wine vinegar in any grocery store.
- Extra virgin olive oil: In our kitchen, we have one olive oil that we use for cooking and a higher quality (yes,a bit more expensive), fruitier olive oil that we use for dressings and drizzling. The flavor is well worth the few extra dollars and this olive oil tends to last awhile.
- Oregano: I use dried oregano (affiliate) in this recipe, but minced fresh oregano leaves also work well. Since the flavor isn’t as intense when using fresh, be sure to increase the amount. I suggest one tablespoon.
- Garlic: The trick to using garlic in dressings is to grate it on a microplane grater (affiliate) or zester. It produces a very fine texture, which practically melts into the dressing.
- Kosher salt: Tried and true, kosher salt (affiliate) is my go-to for 95% of recipes.
Other Greek-inspired recipes:
Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, grated garlic and salt.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.