Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/grilled-moroccan-shrimp-potato-salad-recipe/
© 2018 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Grilled Moroccan Shrimp Potato Salad
Loading nutrition data...
There are so many fantastic flavors in this Grilled Moroccan Shrimp Potato Salad recipe. Healthy, flavorful and delicious lunch or dinner recipe. 289 calories and 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 1 lb. Little Potato Company Something Blue Creamer potatoes (other varietals can be used)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined (tails removed)
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp + 1/8 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ¼ tsp + 1/8 tsp ground pepper, divided
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Place 4 wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Place the Creamer potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and set over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are just tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. (If using a different Creamer potato varietal, cooking time may need to be adjusted.)
- Drain the potatoes. Once cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and toss in a bowl with 2 tsp olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly coat the grates with oil.
- In a separate bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the wooden skewers from the water and thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
- Grill the shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the skewers.
- Grill the potatoes until they have golden brown grill marks, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cilantro, shrimp, potatoes, red bell pepper and cucumber. Toss with the dressing. Divide the salad between 4 plates. Serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange and lemon juices, olive oil, agave, salt and pepper.
Weight Watchers Points: 5 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 7 (Points+)