This easy pork chop recipe takes no more than 15 minutes and is flavored with dried herbs and a quick garlic butter. 283 calories and 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
As you can imagine, I spend a good deal of time thinking about food. As the keeper of this site, I am constantly brainstorming and testing new recipes to post here, and I often fall into the trap of trying to come up with something really novel. A new sauce, a combination of ingredients I’ve never tried before, a cool new type of grain salad. But when push comes to shove, I usually come to the realization that simple is often better.
If you had looked around here a couple of years ago, you wouldn’t have found any recipes for pork chops, but ever since I realized how good pork chops can be when you don’t overcook them, I haven’t been able to stop coming up with recipes. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that my boys actually fist pump when I tell them we’re having pork chops for dinner, especially if I serve them up with one of their favorite sides, such as grilled potatoes (so good!).
From start to finish, this recipe took me all of 15 minutes to make, which means it’s a great candidate when you don’t have much time for dinner prep. The herb rub is a simple mixture of olive oil, dried rosemary and sage, paprika, salt and pepper. While the pork chops are cooking, which takes all of 4 minutes when using thin-cut chops, minced the garlic and mix it into some butter along with some dried rosemary.
The key to any good pork chop recipe is to avoid overcooking the meat. The thin-cut pork chops allow for 3 minutes on one side and one minute on the other. The meat will be just cooked through, but still juicy and flavorful. Dollop a teaspoon of the garlic rosemary butter on top and let it melt over the warm pork. Heavenly!
Other healthy pork chop recipes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Grilled Pork Chops with Greek Salad Salsa
Cookin’ Canuck’s Pork Chops with Dijon Maple Sauce
Wholesomelicious’ Creamy & Smoky Chipotle Pork Chops
Dinners, Dishes & Desserts’ Lemon Garlic Pork Chops
The Iron You’s Honey Garlic Glazed Pork Chops
Herbed Pork Chops with Garlic Butter Recipe
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- Place the pork chops in a shallow dish or mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, ¾ teaspoon rosemary, sage, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the pork chops and massage to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cook the pork chops for 3 minutes, turn over and cook for an additional minute, or until the pork is just cooked through. Transfer to 4 separate plates and top each pork chop with 1 teaspoon of the garlic butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic and rosemary.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!