Leftover turkey (or chicken) and roasted potatoes are destined for this muhammara-topped healthy potato pizza recipe! Thank you to the Little Potato Company for helping me share this recipe with you.
I'm going to say this very quietly because there's a good chance that I would be disowned by a good portion of my family. Thanksgiving food is not my favorite. That is, with one caveat. I could eat a plate of my dad's stuffing, smothered in gravy and cranberry sauce any day of the week.
But when the leftovers are pulled out of the fridge the next day, I am first in line. Turkey and corn chowder, turkey lasagna rolls or a plain ol' open-faced leftovers sandwich. All hail to the leftovers!
Knowing my weakness for leftovers, it seemed only logical that I take a break from the roasted turkey recipes and dream up something to curb my cravings. If Thanksgiving has already passed you by (I'm talking to you, my Canadian friends), take heart. This potato pizza recipe can be made just as easily with leftover chicken breasts. For my American friends, tuck this recipe away for Thanksgiving weekend.
If you have some leftover roasted potatoes, such as my favorite roasted Creamer potatoes, feel free to slice those up. If all you have is mashed potatoes, then pull out one of the handy Oven/Grill-ready potato packs from The Little Potato Company. I used the Onion Medley version for this potato pizza recipe but, really, any of the flavors will work well. These packs are great to have on hand for last-minute side dishes. I can't count how many times I've relied on them for both weeknight meals and entertaining.
Using store-bought versions of whole wheat pizza dough and muhammara dip (I bought both at Trader Joe's) ensures that this potato pizza recipe is a breeze to pull off. That being said, homemade whole wheat pizza dough or a fantastic homemade muhammara dip recipe are a great way to go, too.
Roll out the dough, spread the muhammara dip from the center to the edges, top with the sliced roasted potatoes, leftover turkey (or chicken) and cheese, then bake until melty and golden brown.
Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) & Potato Pizza Recipe
- ½ pound Little Potato Company Oven|Grill Ready I used the onion medley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- ½ cup muhammara I used Trader Joe's
- 4 ounces turkey or chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the Little Potato Company potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning packet (follow the package instructions). Cook until the potatoes are tender and starting to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Let the potatoes cool slightly, then thinly slice half of the potatoes. Reserve the rest for another use.
- Increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees F. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat for 15 minutes. Alternatively, use a baking sheet to bake the pizza (do no preheat it).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough until it is about 14 inches in diameter. Transfer the dough to a pizza peel covered with cornmeal (or to a baking sheet0. Spread the muhammara sauce evenly on the dough.
- Arrange the potatoes on top of the muhammara sauce. Top with the turkey (or chicken), mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Transfer the pizza to the baking stone. Bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with parlsey. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company as part of an ambassadorship program. All opinions are my own. This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!
Gina @Running to the Kitchen
I love potatoes on pizza! This looks great!!
A weekend must try!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
This pizza is such a great idea! I made a potato pizza a few years ago that I loved. My family thought I was crazy - glad to see someone else agrees!
Sharon @ What The Fork
Such a great idea for turkey leftovers!
Trish - Mom On Timeout
I see this happening in my ver8y near future...pizza AND potatoes - I'm IN!
sue | theviewfromgreatisland
I ADORE tiny potatoes, I like to use them in pasta dishes, too!
It's funny because I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving food either, but this pizza looks fantastic -- love the potatoes!
Erin @ Texanerin Baking
A weakness for leftovers? Haha. Wish I were the same! And this looks SO good. Love the added potatoes!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
I love when I'm at a restaurant and find a tasty potato pizza on the menu. Now I won't have to wait to head out -- this looks so good. I've never had muhammara dip, but will for sure look for some at TJ's! Nice recipe!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen
What a delicious idea for a pizza, Dara. Especially as we're coming up on left-over turkey season!