Healthy convenience is queen in our kitchen, and this delicious green salad with potatoes and green beans is the ultimate for summertime potlucks! Thank you to The Little Potato Company for helping me share this recipe with you.
This is our reality right now: three-quarters of our possessions are either in a storage unit in Seattle, in boxes in our garage or part of the ever-growing bubble-wrapped tower forming in our near-empty living room. Ah, the joys of moving! With a good deal of my kitchen paraphernalia wrapped and packed, I am cooking meals with one goal in mind...convenience.
Over the past week, "convenience" has included a dinner of take 'n bake pizza and a trip to our favorite food truck. But the rest of the meals came out of our kitchen, using limited tools and a select few convenience ingredients, such as rotisserie chicken, canned beans and oven/grill ready potatoes.
Even though the total prep time for this salad is listed as 55 minutes, there are only 15 minutes of hands-on time. The remaining 35 to 40 minutes is delegated to cooking the potatoes. With the Little Potato Company Oven/Grill Ready Creamer potatoes, all you have to do is toss the potatoes with olive oil and the seasoning package and pop them into the oven or grill to cook. No peeling required. Now that's convenience! In this recipe, I used the Barbecue Blend, but any of the flavors would work well.
As for the rest of the salad, all that's needed is a bowlful of spring salad mix, some cherry tomatoes and a portion of tender-crisp green beans. And the dressing, of course. If you have a blender, you can make the dressing in under 2 minutes. A mixture of low fat buttermilk and Greek yogurt make the dressing creamy, but light. A dollop of Dijon mustard, a little garlic and a big handful of basil leaves add awesome flavor and color.
You can make this salad ahead of time, but I recommend dressing it right before serving so that the greens don't become wilted. It's the perfect summertime potluck salad!
Other recipes with Creamer potatoes:
Cookin' Canuck's Slow Cooker Turkey & Potato Soup
Cookin' Canuck's Southwestern Potato Wedges with Red Pepper Jalapeño Dip
The Recipe Rebel's 30 Minute BBQ Sausage, Peppers & Potato Skillet
The Cookie Writer's BBQ Potatoes & Vegetable Medley
I Love Vegan's Crispy Potatoes with Vegan Ranch Dressing
Roasted Potato Green Bean Salad with Basil Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 pound Little Potato Co. Oven|Grill Ready potatoes I used Barbecue Blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed & cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 6 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare the potatoes according to package directions: Remove and discard the cardboard and plastic film. Mix the potatoes with the olive oil and enclosed seasoning package. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let the potatoes rest until cool enough to handle and cut each in half with a sharp knife.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until the green beans are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, green beans, spring lettuce mix and tomatoes.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Serve.
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, yogurt, basil leaves, Dijon mustard, garlic, agave nectar (or honey) and salt. Blend until smooth.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company as part of a brand ambassadorship program. All opinions are my own.