There’s a whole lot of healthy eating going on in our house. Well, besides the darn Girl Scout cookies (curse those coconut-y Samoas!) We’re always pretty healthy around here, but Steve is in ultra-focus mode, eyes pointed straight towards Boston and the marathon that is just about a month away. In the meantime, I’m imagining us balancing our camping chairs on top of snowdrifts to watch the runners go by. Let’s get a move-on with the spring melt, Boston!
When Steve is in training mode, I find myself making extras of everything. Whole wheat pasta? Double that, please. Chicken recipe? Might as well just put whole pot right in front of him. “Eats like a horse” doesn’t quite cover it.
Sweet potatoes are nutritional power houses in the vegetable world. Vitamins B6, C and D, iron, magnesium, carotenoids…is there anything this veggie doesn’t have?!
On top of all of the health benefits, sweet potatoes reign supreme in the versatility category. Highlight them in our favorite slow cooker vegetable curry, roast them with Chinese 5-spice powder or make a stuffed version with sweet potatoes and hummus.
In this recipe, I whipped up a 1-minute almond butter sauce and drizzled it over the roasted sweet potatoes. This side dish would be a great accompaniment for Grilled Pineapple Chili Pork Chops or Spice Rubbed Lime Salmon.
Other sweet potato recipes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry with Sweet Potato & Chickpeas
Cookin’ Canuck’s Stuffed Sweet Potato with Spinach, Hummus & Feta
The Vintage Mixer’s Sweet Potato, Mushroom & Brussels Sprout Hash with Quinoa
Baking Magique’s Sweet Potato Sourdough Waffles
The Wimpy Vegetarian’s Spiralized Sweet Potatoes & Apples in Browned Butter
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Almond Butter Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon natural creamy almond butter
- 4 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the sweet potatoes until they are tender and starting to brown, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a serving dish, drizzle with the sauce and cilantro. Serve.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond butter and warm water. Microwave for 10 seconds, then whisk in the chili garlic sauce until smooth.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!