Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/slow-cooker-vegetable-curry-recipe-with-sweet-potato-chickpeas/
© 2014 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry Recipe with Sweet Potato & Chickpeas
Loading nutrition data...
6 hours 15 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
This slow cooker vegetarian curry recipe stars sweet potato and chickpeas, and is a fantastic choice for a Meatless Monday meal.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup mild curry paste (such as Patak's)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chickpeas
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz.) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (lightly packed) spinach leaves, chopped
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion, apple and ginger, and cook until they are tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, chickpeas, diced tomatoes and vegetable broth to the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and spinach, and heat. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 6 (SmartPoints), 5 (Points+), 3 (Old Points)