Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/vegetarian-frittata-butternut-squash/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Vegetarian Frittata with Butternut Squash & Mushrooms
Loading nutrition data...
Vegetarian Frittata with Butternut Squash and Mushrooms…Packed with vegetables and flavor, this frittata can be served for brunch or dinner! 128 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 12 oz. butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (rennet-free version for vegetarian)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the butternut squash and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the butternut squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is starting to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet and add the mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium. Return the butternut squash to the skillet with the mushrooms, and stir in the parsley, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet. Cook until the eggs are set around the edges and are starting to set on top, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and place the skillet under the broiler. Cook until the eggs are set and the cheese is starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut into 6 wedges. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 3 (Points+)