Aug 15
2012

Roasted Tomato Sandwich Recipe with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Syrup

Roasted Tomato Sandwich Recipe with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Syrup

There’s a reason why there are festivals and parties dedicated to the tomato. The allure of a freshly picked specimen, still warm from the sun, is rivaled by no other summertime vegetable (okay, I know it’s technically a fruit, but I’m sticking with the vegetable theme right now). When you have a bumper crop of tomatoes, you try to work them into as many recipes as possible – from frittatas and shrimp “martinis”, to pasta salads and sandwiches. This particular sandwich is something really special.

Roasted Tomato Sandwich Recipe with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Syrup

As much as I would like to take credit for this unforgettable recipe, the nod goes to Courtney of Bake. Eat. Repeat. Courtney posts such recipes as Guacamole Crunch Grilled Cheese, Strawberry Nutella Fudge Pops and Watermelon Salsa. She doesn’t know it yet, but I’ll be dropping by unannounced for lunch. If I don’t give her the heads-up first, I figure I can abscond with a couple of extra Nutella pops before she knows what hit her.

Roasted Tomato Sandwich Recipe with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Syrup

As for this recipe…well, I won’t give it all away. Let’s just say there are roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, a sweet and savory balsamic syrup and browned Parmesan cheese. All of those mean one thing: You must make this…today!

For the recipe and step-by-step photos, head to the Tasty Kitchen blog.

1 Ali @ Gimme Some Oven August 15, 2012 at 7:09 am

Oh my goodness! I have all of these ingredients. Totally going to try this for lunch today. Looks delish!!

2 Gerry @ Foodness Gracious August 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

Nice specimens! fruit/veggies who cares..I just care if they taste good and these look like winners!!

3 Jen @ Savory Simple August 15, 2012 at 11:30 am

What a great sandwich! Classic, delicious flavor combinations. How could you go wrong? I love it.

4 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 15, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I looove the sound of this! Yum!

5 Laura (Tutti Dolci) August 15, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Yum, this looks so delish!

6 Mimi August 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Everyone’s talking tomato sandwiches these days and I cannot get enough.

This looks wonderful – I love goat cheese with tomatoes!

7 megan @ whatmegansmakin August 16, 2012 at 6:10 am

We love tomatoes around here, and this looks delicious! I’ll have to try this for something different than our usual tomato sandwiches :)

8 Jersey girl cooks August 16, 2012 at 6:26 am

Tomatoes are my favorite especially this time of year. Love these lil sandwiches!

9 doodles August 16, 2012 at 8:30 am

have some very tasty heirloom tomatoes that are ready to something special and this looks perfect. I need to go get lost over at Tasty Kitchen anyway cause I have been absent for awhile. Only thing I would change is the bread I’ll use the sourdough from TJ’s I have on hand……….thanks!!

10 shelly (cookies and cups) August 17, 2012 at 6:42 am

This is a perfect lunch in my world!

11 Courtney @ Bake. Eat. Repeat. August 17, 2012 at 10:52 am

Thanks for trying this and for all the sweet comments. Swing by anytime…I may even give you a Nutella Pop and save you the trouble of figuring out how to sneak the melty, drippy thing out of the house!

12 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen August 17, 2012 at 4:46 pm

That balsamic syrup sounds pretty prefect with ripe summer tomatoes.

13 Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen August 18, 2012 at 9:38 am

Such a perfect summer appetizer! :)

14 Nutmeg Nanny August 18, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Yes yes yes. This is what I have to say about this recipe. It’s the goat cheese that pushes me over the edge…yum!

15 Danijela August 20, 2012 at 3:24 am

I love goat cheese and this combination is just beautiful. So simple but still delicious. Thanks for sharing it!

16 Bob August 20, 2012 at 4:00 pm

My wife and I have made something similar before, the goat cheese is simply awesome in this recipe.

17 Aggie August 24, 2012 at 3:47 pm

This is all I need in life – tomatoes & crunchy bread. And whatever else you want to throw on there. :)

18 Russell at Chasing Delicious August 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Oh my gosh I am adoring this recipe! I am totally making this for lunch tomorrow!

19 Seth July 18, 2014 at 3:57 am

If they have had work done. –they’ll probably offer to school bus do.
00 goes to the client can be a do-it-yourself endeavor.

This school bus is an amazing but frightening task.
Is their Contractors License Bond He written manyarticles in Performance Bonds and Mortgage Broker Bond topics.
He said, ‘You can’t do that. Patrolling millions of dollars, Mr.
If they get from your contractor: A good restoration contractor as soon as possible.