If lunchtime is going to go well (and by well, I mean that it won’t involve a bag of Doritos and a dill pickle), I need to have a plan. Typically that involves leftovers. This week I made a batch of Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry to reheat for easy lunches.
When there are no leftovers to turn to, I pull out some of my favorites from the “healthy lunch recipe” arsenal…Low-Fat Salmon Salad Sandwich with Capers or Low-Fat Chicken Salad with Curry & Apricots usually win out when I’m tired of turkey sandwiches with hummus.
Since I’m a sucker for Greek flavors – okay, for feta cheese and kalamata olives – it was time to come up with a quick Greek-inspired chicken salad wrap.
For wraps and burritos, we typically buy the large size low carb, high fiber whole wheat tortillas from La Tortilla Factory that we find at Costco (nope, this is not a sponsored message…we just love these tortillas!). Each tortilla only has 80 calories and 3 grams of fat, but also packs 12 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein.
If making a healthy lunch is complicated, it’s not going to happen. There are simply too many things on my to-do list to spend half an hour pulling together a meal in the middle of the day. So, I used meat from a rotisserie chicken and mixed up a two-ingredient yogurt sauce to combine with some veggies, olives and feta.
It beats Doritos and a pickle any day of the week!
Other healthy lunch recipes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Low-Fat Salmon Salad Sandwich with Capers
Cookin’ Canuck’s Salad Cups with Quinoa, Shrimp, Avocado & Lemon Dressing
Caramelized’s Asian Chopped Salad
The Lemon Bowl’s Spinach Power Salad with Chicken & Farro
86 Lemons’ Empowered Noodle Bowl with Thai Peanut Sauce
Calories 184.1 / Total Fat 7.1g / Saturated Fat 1.4g / Cholesterol 34.1mg / Sodium 503.4mg / Total Carbohydrates 21.3g / Fiber 12.6g / Sugars 2.2g / Protein 21.0g / WW (Old Points) 3 / WW (Points+) 5
- 1/4 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 oz. quartered kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (such as Smart & Delicious)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and dill.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, olives and balsamic vinegar.
- Place one lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Divide the chicken mixture and the yogurt dressing evenly between the 4 tortillas.
- Fold up the bottom section of the tortillas, then fold over the sides. Serve.
From the kitchen of Cookin' Canuck | cookincanuck.com