Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/asparagus-feta-cheese-crustless-quiche-recipe/
© 2016 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Asparagus & Feta Cheese Crustless Quiche Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
Asparagus and Feta Cheese Crustless Quiche…An easy and healthy vegetarian quiche for springtime! 108 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 8 oz. asparagus (preferably thin spears), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus pieces and cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain into a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, water, thyme, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously to break up the cottage cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the asparagus throughout the egg mixture, then top with the feta cheese.
- Bake until the the egg is just set and a small, sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 6 wedges. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 3 (Old SmartPoints), 3 (Points+)