With the holiday season in full swing, it’s easy to focus on cookies, cocktail party appetizers, holiday meals and cookies all over again! All the while, the lowly weeknight meal gets forgotten and healthy fare takes a backseat to holiday cooking and baking. In fact, it’s tempting to just to throw in the towel and say, “Cookies for all! Let’s just start the healthy eating on January 1st!”
But one thing I’ve learned about the holiday season is that indulging occasionally on your favorite holiday fudge is much more enjoyable when you’ve been eating healthy lunches and dinners, such as Light Salmon & Potato Chowder (comfort food at its best!), Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken (easy prep!) or Hearty Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash & Quinoa (our all-time favorite cold weather meal). And it’s all made even better when those meals are easy to throw together!
Sheet pan meals to the rescue! I pulled out some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, along with my favorite Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company and whipped up a flavorful chimichurri sauce, a classic herbal sauce from Argentina. I tossed the chicken and Baby Boomer potatoes (though you can substitute another Creamer varietal) with some of the sauce, setting aside some of the sauce for drizzling later. Thirty minutes later, a healthy, delicious dinner is served!
As an aside, when we arrived at my in-laws’ house in California for the Thanksgiving weekend, one of the first things I came across was a big bag of The Little Potato Company’s Creamer potatoes. Without realizing that I had made several recipes with the Creamer potatoes, they started to tell me how much they loved the potatoes – the natural sweetness, the tender skins and the ease of cooking with them. I enthusiastically launched into telling them about how Little Potato Co. Creamer varietals are grown to their full “little” size, which is why they’re so sweet. Just one of the reasons to love Little Potato Co. products – you know, besides the fact that they’re non-GMO and extremely versatile for roasting, grilling, boiling and steaming.
Clearly, none of us needed convincing about our favorite potatoes!
Other recipes with Creamer potatoes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Creamer Potatoes with Red Pepper Cashew Pesto
Cookin’ Canuck’s Light Mashed Potatoes with Kale & Goat Cheese
Cocoa Bean, The Vegetable’s Jerk Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
The Recipe Rebel’s Easy Pizza Smashed Potatoes
Noshing with the Nolands’ Mexican Potato Frittata
Chimichurri Chicken & Potato Sheet Pan Meal
This Chimichurri Chicken & Potato Sheet Pan Meal has it all. It’s delicious and healthy, with easy clean-up!
- 3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. Dynamic Duo (or other Little Potato Co. Creamer varietals) potatoes, cut in half
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley, red wine vinegar, garlic, water, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pulse until combined, but not smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil.
- Set 2 tablespoons of the chimichurri sauce aside for drizzling later.
- Place the Creamer potatoes and chicken thighs in a bowl. Pour the larger portion of chimichurri sauce over the potatoes and chicken, and toss to coat.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Set aside the potatoes.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Spread the potatoes evenly on the pan with the chicken. Roast for additional 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender and starting to turn brown.
- Drizzle the remaining chimichurri sauce over the chicken and potatoes. Serve.
Disclosure: This post is part of a brand ambassadorship with the Little Potato Company. All opinions are my own. This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!