Every wonder how to make applesauce in the Instant Pot? This easy recipe shows you how to do it in about 30 minutes. Serve it with turkey, chicken or pork, or dollop it on top of ice cream. 143 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
It’s simply not the holidays around our house without a couple of batches of my mother-in-law’s Slow Cooker Applesauce. We eat it with Thanksgiving turkey, dollop it on ice cream and eat it straight from the bowl whenever the craving strikes. And let me tell you, the house smells absolutely amazing when there’s a batch simmering away in the crockpot.
All of that being said, there have been so many times that I’ve thought of serving applesauce with dinner (it’s fantastic with chicken and pork!), but didn’t plan ahead. That’s when this Instant Pot Applesauce recipe comes in handy. Within half an hour, I can have a batch ready to serve, which pretty much gives me star status according to my applesauce-loving boys.
The Instant Pot Applesauce:
The most time consuming part of this recipe is peeling the apples, but the spiralizer attachment for my mixer makes this process so efficient. It saves me so much time!
Once the apples, are peeled, cored, sliced and quartered (all but the quartering is done by the spiralizer – magic, I tell you!), toss the apples with a little maple syrup and cinnamon. I only used two tablespoons of maple syrup, but feel free to adjust this depending on the sweetness of the apples.
Next up…pour a little water in the bottom of the Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) and set the pressure manual to HIGH for 5 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Once the time is up and the pressure released, the apples will be perfectly soft. Use a wooden spoon to break up any chunks, then serve warm or cool, then refrigerator for later. It also freezes well!
Other Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
- Peel and core the apples. Thinly slice and cut each slice in quarters.
- Place the apples into a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and cinnamon to the apples. Stir to combine.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the apples.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam vent and to HIGH pressure using the manual setting. Decrease the time to 5 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally for 5 minutes, then carefully use the quick release valve to release the steam.
- Break up any apple chunks with a wooden spoon. Serve or store in the refrigerator.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!