Only 5 ingredients needed to make these flavorful roasted potato and smoked salmon appetizer skewers! They will disappear in no time. Thank you to The Little Potato Company for helping me share this post with you.
If every day was filled with some sort of smoked salmon appetizer, my boys would be constantly grinning from ear to ear. As it is, smoked salmon makes an appearance just a few time a year around here. One of our New Year’s Eve traditions is to snack on smoked salmon on crackers with cream cheese and capers early in the evening, then to indulge in a late dinner (anything to keep us awake until midnight) of cheese, meat and veggie fondues. Every single year since before my husband and I were married. It’s a great tradition if it can make it 20 years!
Last year I came up with a new contender for our favorite healthy cocktail party recipes. Since there is always some form of Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes in the house, I decided it was high time to use them in an appetizer recipe. Mini Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Potatoes! Must try, my friends.
For this smoked salmon appetizer recipe, I used the Little Potato Company Oven/Grill Ready Creamer potatoes in the Onion Medley flavor. However, if you don’t have the Oven|Grill Ready ones on hand, substitute any one of the smaller Creamer potato varietals and add some olive oil, salt and pepper before roasting the potatoes. The littlest ones work the best because you want to be able to easily wrap a piece of smoked salmon around the potato. While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the smoked salmon and mix together a simple yogurt-dill sauce to spread on the salmon.
Altogether…only 5 ingredients needed for appetizers that are sure to disappear in no time!
Roasted Potato & Smoked Salmon Appetizer Skewers
Only five ingredients needed to make these flavorful Smoked Salmon and Roasted Potato appetizer skewers. 52 calories and 1 Weight Watchers SmartPoint
- 1 package Little Potato Co. Oven/Grill Ready potatoes (I used Onion Medley)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz. smoked salmon (lox), cut into 36 thin pieces
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare the potatoes according to package directions: Remove and discard the cardboard and plastic film. Mix the potatoes with the olive oil and enclosed seasoning package. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let the potatoes rest until cool enough to handle.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and dill.
- Spread a rounded ¼ teaspoon of the yogurt sauce on a piece of the smoked salmon. Place one of the potatoes in the center of the salmon, wrap the salmon around the potato and secure with a skewer.
Other healthy recipes with Creamer potatoes:
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. All opinions are my own. This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!