This healthy roasted curry shrimp and zucchini sheet pan meal is not only delicious, but it also comes together in less than 30 minutes. 172 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
It's not difficult to figure out why sheet pan meals have become so popular lately. Just like one-pot meals, the sheet pan versions require little cleanup, minimal effort and often a short list of ingredients. For example, this roasted curry shrimp and zucchini recipe requires only eight ingredients, and that includes salt and pepper! And to make things even easier, the whole things comes together in less than 25 minutes, giving you just enough time to prep some quinoa or couscous to serve alongside for a complete meal.
Whenever I make meals like this one, I remind myself that I really don't have any excuse to be lazy about cooking a healthy meal at home, even on really busy nights. When a meal takes less than the time it would take to pick up something pre-made from the store, costs less and requires less than 5 minutes of cleanup, home cooking wins every time.
Next to soy sauce (I'm a salt lover!), curry is one of my favorites flavors. I work it into everything from my mum's chicken curry and cauliflower rice to slow cooker meals and turkey burgers. Sometimes I use curry paste, other times it's curry powder and other times I'm a little more ambitious and mix together spices, such as coriander, turmeric, cardamom and cumin. For this recipe, I took the easy way out and whipped up an olive oil and lime mixture with some curry powder.
Keeping it simple was the name of the game!
Other healthy 30-minute meal recipes:
Cookin' Canuck's Skillet Whole Wheat Pasta with Chicken & Tomato Sauce
Cookin' Canuck's Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
Jay's Baking Me Crazy's Easy Paleo Chili
Omnivore's Cookbook's Scallion Beef Stir-Fry
Roasted Curry Shrimp & Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp in one bowl and the zucchini in another bowl, and divide the curry mixture evenly between the 2 bowls. Toss to coat the shrimp and zucchini.
- Place the zucchini on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp over the zucchini and bake until the shrimp are just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Take care not to overcook the shrimp or they will become rubbery.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.