Healthy breakfast ideas are a must for starting the day out right. And recipes are all easy to either quickly cook or grab and go on busy mornings.
Quick and healthy breakfast ideas are a "must" for school mornings. If I had a dollar for every time my younger son suggested a box of donuts for breakfast, I could buy my own donut shop! Even though his teenaged metabolism could handle the extra calories with the greatest of ease, I also know that he'd be setting himself up for the classic sugar crash and burn later in the day.
Plus, I'm pretty sure teachers don't have warm and fuzzy feelings for parents who send in kids all hopped up on sugar.
The funny thing is that my son is the "king of all egg makers" in our house. That boy can whip up any type of egg recipe - scrambled, poached, fried, coddled - without batting an eye. But on busy school mornings, there isn't time for his egg mastery to shine, so we turn to quick healthy breakfast recipes that have make-ahead components or are super easy to pull together.
There's a little bit of everything in here, from yogurt parfaits to make-ahead egg recipes to baked oatmeal to my favorite smoothie, and I divided them into 4 sections below. Click on the link to hop to the desired section:
- egg recipes
- smoothie and yogurt parfait recipes,
- baked oatmeal and pancake recipes
- muffin & other recipes
We all need to bust out of our cereal and toast ruts once in awhile, and these easy breakfast recipes will help you do that!
How to pull off a fast healthy breakfast:
- Make a double batch of one of the muffin recipes and freeze the extras. Either pull out as many muffins as you need the night before and let them defrost at room temperature or defrost in the microwave right before eating.
- Prepare one of the make-ahead egg recipes or crustless quiches the night before. For the make-ahead recipes in ramekins, pop them in the oven to bake before serving. For the crustless quiches, bake the night before, then cut off a piece and reheat in the microwave the next morning.
- Make a batch of pancake batter the night before, cover and refrigerate. Before cooking, bring the mixture to room temperature.
Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
Post originally published on August 16, 2018 and updated on September 28, 2019.
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.