These 15 vegan dinner recipes are so full of flavor that you’ll never call meatless meals boring again! Soup to pasta to curry – plenty of options for a plant based diet.
These vegan dinner recipes are something that we eat regularly at our house. While we do eat meat, we make a conscious effort to work vegetarian and vegan recipes into our meal plans weekly. With access to plenty of fresh, seasonal vegetables and plant-based proteins, preparing vegan recipes can be quite simple.
In this round-up of plant-based recipes, I also answer a couple of common questions about vegan diets (protein and calcium!) There are plenty of options out there to fuel your body and make your meatless meals delicious for the whole family!
What’s the difference between vegan and vegetarian?
- Neither vegans nor vegetarians eat animals. However, vegetarians eat products that come from an animal (think eggs, milk, etc.) while vegans do not.
- There are several types of vegetarian diets, such as lacto-ovo (eat eggs and dairy products), ovo (eat eggs but no diary) and lacto (eat dairy but no eggs).
How to get protein as a vegan:
- This is a really common question for both vegetarians and vegans. However, there are plenty of plant-based sources of protein available and with the proper planning, vegan diets can provide the nutrients your body needs.
- Popular plant-based sources of protein include tofu, tempeh, seitan, edamame, legumes (think beans and lentils), some ancient grains such as spelt and quinoa, spirulina, soy milk, nuts and nut butters.
How to get calcium as a vegan:
- Another common question for vegans! Again, there are plant-based sources for calcium.
- Dark leafy greens are good sources of calcium – think kale, collard greens and bok choy, to name a few.
- Calcium set tofu and calcium-fortified soy milk are also good sources.
- Other sources of calcium can include edamame, cannellini beans, tahini and broccoli.
Vegan Dinner Recipes
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.