Jan 28
2013

25 Super Bowl Recipes, Plus Harry & David Snackbox Gift Idea

25 Super Bowl Recipes by Cookin' Canuck #recipes #Superbowl @HarryandDavid
Here are 25 of my favorite Super Bowl recipes, plus a fabulous Harry & David Snackbox idea for easy entertaining.

When I heard the first crash from upstairs, I was rather alarmed. It sounded as though the ceiling was going to fall in. Then came the second crash, followed by a primal grunt, a pronouncement of “Touchdown!” and peals of laughter. Who needs Sunday football games when you have two young boys, re-enacting their own version of their Super Bowl right above your head?

If it were up to M & T, the big game would involve their two favorite teams, the New York Giants and the New Orleans Saints, going head-to-head (hence, the photo below). Instead, our family will be grappling with the big question of, “Which Harbaugh brother should we cheer for?”, as the match-up between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers is the first time that two coaching brothers will ever meet in the Super Bowl.

Of course, not everyone attends Super Bowl parties to watch the big game. Some watch with rapt attention when the ads come on, others will wait with bated breath to see if Beyonce has some sort of wardrobe malfunction (thank you, Janet and Justin, for making that phrase part of our vernacular) and many are just there for the food. Those are my people, and this post is for you.

Harry & David Snackbox by Cookin' Canuck

This post is packed with some of my favorite cocktails, dips, appetizers, soup, chilis, and desserts. But as much as I love to cook my football offerings from scratch, I have to say I was pretty thrilled when a Harry and David Snackbox arrived on my doorstep. It comes equipped with snacks that are sure to be gobbled up in no time, and go awfully well with a pint of beer: Caramel Moose Munch Popcorn (have mercy!), Hickory Smoked Summer Sausage, White Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Mixed Nuts, Honey Hot Mustard and Three Seed Crackers. (For a recap of my trip to Harry and David’s headquarters in Medford, Oregon, click here.)

The Snackbox, or any of Harry and David’s gift baskets, would make the perfect gift for any football-loving friend. If you’re crashing someone’s Super Bowl party, why not take along one of these snackboxes as a hostess/host gift? You know, kind of like an “I’m sorry for yelling at your TV for four hours and spilling hot wing sauce on your carpet” offering?

Snackbox by Harry & David by Cookin' Canuck

If you’d like to keep updated on Harry and David’s new products for Valentine’s, Easter and other holidays, be sure to follow them on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.

And onto more football fare:

Cocktails:

Desserts:

25 Super Bowl Recipes by Cookin' Canuck #recipes #superbowl
Nutella & Sea Salt Stuffed Sugar Cookies
Blackberry & Strawberry Crisp Gingersnap Crumble
Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Layer Bars
White Chocolate Chip Bar with Brown Butter & Expresso

May the best Harbaugh win!

Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the wonderful team at Harry and David. In addition, they supplied me with the Snackbox products.

1 bellini January 28, 2013 at 5:36 am

Any of these would satisfy game day hunger Dara.

2 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Thank you! Game day is a great excuse to try new recipes.

3 Sandy @ RE January 28, 2013 at 8:26 am

Everything looks so good, Dara. We are hosting, so I’m planning our menu! The snack option from HD is great, too. Have a great week! :)

4 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Thanks, Sandy! Yes, the snackbox from H&D is perfect for Super Bowl snacks. Enjoy your party!

5 Mackenzie {SusieFreakingHomemaker} January 28, 2013 at 9:08 am

Well, I’m done planning my football food! You’ve got everything I need right here! My husband LOVES bloody Mary’s – we are for sure going to have to try the caesar cocktail!!

6 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Oh yes, the Caesar is one of my all-time favorites. I hope your husband enjoys it.

7 Lail | With A Spin January 28, 2013 at 9:10 am

All great options.

8 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Thanks so much!

9 Gerry @ Foodness Gracious January 28, 2013 at 9:10 am

Wow what a round up! I’d rather just have super snack Sunday..but that’s just me ;)

10 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:26 pm

LOL. Isn’t that what it’s actually called?

11 kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts January 28, 2013 at 9:32 am

I am not ashamed to admit that the 4th thing that popped into my mind when the orthodontist was giving the kids (yes, 2 in braces at the same time) the ‘don’t eat this’ spiel was “Sweet! I get all the Moose Munch this year!” Usually I hide it and eat when the kids are not around. This Christmas I was able to gloat, ahem, eat in front of them saying that it was my way of taking one for the team, since it would be a shame for all that Moose Munch to go to waste.

Thank you for a delicious-looking recipe round up. I really can’t decide which ones to pick–but I’ve got loads of time . . . the Superbowl isn’t until February

12 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:27 pm

That Moose Munch arrived when the kids were at school, and I resisted opening it so that I wouldn’t gobble up the whole package before they arrived home.

And don’t be alarmed, but the Super Bowl is this Sunday. Where did January go?!

13 Holly January 28, 2013 at 10:17 am

Gosh you’ve given us a lot of choices for the game! I am guessing all your friends want to come to your house to watch the Superbowl! I like the idea of Harry & David snack boxes– great to enjoy year-round and not just for the holidays.

14 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thanks, Holly. Super Bowl Sunday is a great excuse to pull out some of my favorite recipes. And yes, Harry & David gift baskets are fantastic year-round.

15 carolinaheartstrings January 28, 2013 at 10:22 am

Nice post and wonderful ideas for a super bowl party! Thanks for sharing.

16 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thank you! I hope you have a chance to try one of two of the recipes.

17 Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife January 28, 2013 at 10:41 am

What a fantastic roundup of delicious food, especially that Thai Chicken Naan Pizza!

18 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Oh yes, the Thai Chicken Pizza is one of our favorites. Great flavors!

19 Laura (Tutti Dolci) January 28, 2013 at 11:24 am

Yum, I think I need to try one of each :).

20 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Thanks, Laura. They’re each worth a sample, for certain.

21 Jen at The Three Little Piglets January 28, 2013 at 11:51 am

I’m currently wondering how I’ve never heard of Harry and David! Off to Google now…

22 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Jen, don’t say I didn’t warn you…you will be addicted to Moose Munch in no time. Follow the links in my post to see some of H&D’s fantastic gift ideas.

23 Denise Browning@From Brazil To You January 28, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Dara:
All the dishes above are great options for celebrating The Super Bowl although I have to say that the oatmeal chocolate fudge layer bars really caught my eyes… xx

24 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Denise, I try not to think about those bars too often, otherwise I’ll want to make them weekly. And that could only lead to trouble. :)

25 Becky @ Olives n Wine January 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

SO many delicious-looking recipes! How am I ever going to narrow it down to one to bring to my friend’s party?? Thanks for posting all of these – It will help to spur some ideas for next Sunday!

26 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Thanks, Becky. Enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday party!

27 Heather | Farmgirl Gourmet January 28, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Mmmmm hmmmm…it’s official. I am hungry again! I love all of the recipes in this roundup! This is the first year I’m not hosting…it will be weird to make one thing and take it to someone elses house instead of making a sea of noshibles. I may need to whip up that Canadian Bloody Mary before Sunday. :)

28 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Oh yes, get on that Caesar Cocktail. It is a Canadian classic.

29 Jeanette January 28, 2013 at 2:45 pm

These all sound fantastic Dara! Happy Super Bowl!

30 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Thanks, Jeanette. To you, too!

31 carrian January 28, 2013 at 8:48 pm

All of these sound awesoME!

32 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) January 28, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Thanks, Carrian.

33 Winston January 28, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I’m the dip (dippy?) chef for this year’s party. So, guess which recipes caught my eye.

34 Carla @ Carlas Confections January 29, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Love this round-up. Im not going anywhere or having people over, but Ill make some snackies just for me and the hubs ;), and maybe that bloody mary since were watching it in Canada :D

35 Noble Pig - Cathy January 29, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I want the Thai Chicken Naan Pizza!

36 vanillasugarblog January 29, 2013 at 6:46 pm

just printed out the asian quesadillas!
thank you for this!

37 Erica January 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

What a delicious post! I’m excited for super bowl food. Those quesadillas look fantastic

38 Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles January 31, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I want to eat, I mean, WATCH the Super Bowl at your house, Dara! Yum!!

39 Julia February 1, 2013 at 9:28 am

That is a wonderful round up of delicious recipes for game day! And I LOVE Harry and David treats!